Presentation Skills Course - one day
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Impact Factory.Full disclaimer.
Learn to Present with style, flair and presence to engage and inspire your audience
The course looks at all the factors that affect how confidently you deliver any presentation, anywhere.
It will help you look forward to your next presentation instead of wishing you were still under the duvet.
It offers simple, easy to practise tools to help you cope with nerves and get your message across memorably.
You'll learn how to structure your material for the best impact and present to audiences of varied sizes.
It is fun and effective with plenty of opportunities to practise.
Presentation Course Objectives:
- What already works about you as a presenter?
- Exploring how presentation works
- Developing a unique individual style
- Understanding what happens in front of an audience
- Practising a whole range of techniques
- Hints and tips for effective presentation
- Stretching your capacity to present
- Presenting with style, flair and presence
- Using support materials
- Enlivening your presentation
- Maintaining confidence and handling nerves
- Coping better when feeling wrong-footed
Presentation Skills Course Programme
We tailor all our courses to reflect the needs of the delegates on the day. The course content may include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
During the opening session we combine a look at the fundamentals of presenting, with an assessment of each person's unique presentation style, experience and skill, together with what they would now like to achieve.
Much like our tailored presentation training, the presentation course is structured to reflect the needs and abilities of those attending on that day.
The Presentation Course Challenge
We start with a good look at the dynamic in which people have to present.
This section gives an in-depth understanding of the arenas in which presenting takes place: the physical space, body language, audience interaction, etc.
It is based on the mnemonic
as an easy to remember guide to the main points of presenting.
"The use of the Individual's best skills to convey a clear Message, well Prepared, with good Audience interaction, presented with Conviction and supported by the right Technical backup"
What's my Unique Presentation Style?
This takes the form of a short unprepared presentation to camera.
There is then discussion about the experience of presenting, what actually happens to people physically, mentally and emotionally.
The presentations will then be played back followed by feedback from the trainer and their own colleagues.
Here the presentation course concentrates on the strengths and unique style of the presenter. Any real difficulties in style may be noted here by the trainer, but dealt with later in the presentation skills course. We record much of the rest of the day's work; however, this is the only time during the day that we will review the recording.
Presentation Skills Course Exercises
This set of presentation exercises may well vary on the day, but are used to reinforce some of the principals of effective presentation.
- Making a presentation in under 30 seconds
- Putting across a clear message
- Using passion to present
- Structuring your presentation support material
The second part of the presentation course is work on prepared presentations.
This is not intended to rehearse the presentations; rather the presentation material is used to stretch the participants and to incorporate the principles worked on earlier in the day.
The emphasis is on preparing the participants to develop as presenters over the next few months as they make further presentations.
The session is modified according to the level of the attendees.
With new or less experienced Presenters the presentation course works to stretch their capacity and to demonstrate the active working of a presenting dynamic. They are introduced to easy skills and techniques to help raise their confidence and ease the anxiety associated with presenting.
With established presenters the course works more to reinforce some basic principles and introduce more advanced presentation skills as appropriate. Care is taken to acknowledge their skills and style. Then we move on to specific areas of difficulty where they seem to get wrong footed and don't do so well.
Issues that are incorporated into this Session:
- Raising confidence
- Clear delivery
- Ability to go "off script"
- How to make non-linear presentations
- How to prompt or plant questions
- How to talk to differing levels of understanding or experience
- Communicating concepts quickly
- Using analogies and drawing on memorable images
- Structuring your presentation entrance and beginning
- Dealing with difficult or tricky questions
- Working presentations round a table
- The relationship between presenter, material and audience
- Difficult presentation issues and people
- Working your presentation style
- Developing as a communicator rather than a presenter
- Creating an interactive, question friendly atmosphere
A brief mention of anything that has not arisen during the presentations and individual recommendations for further practice.
You'll be given a web link to your recordings during the day.
We will give out Impact Factory documents to support the course.
You'll get copies relevant hand-outs to remind you of the Coursework.
Two weeks after the course one of your trainers will call to see how you are getting on.
You will have email and telephone access to both of your trainers.
They also have access to a course web page containing
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos