About the course
This course explores presentation secrets and audience engagement techniques to allow physician leaders to command a room and influence other through presentations. Physician leaders will study the art of audience-focused presentations, whether it be through email, slide decks or social media. Learn to be seen, heard, and to have influence.
Note: This course requires your additional purchase of the book, Present like a Pro: The Field Guide to Mastering the Art of Business, Professional, and Public Speaking (ISBN: 9780312347734). This required resource can be found on Amazon, as well as other similar retailers. Please be sure to order in advance, as you will utilize it throughout your course.
- Effective strategies for improving vocal and listening skills
- Effective vs. ineffective communication
- Speaking with confidence
- Integrating best practices into written, PowerPoint and social media communications
- Practice effective strategies for improving your vocal and listening skills.
- Demonstrate improved communication skills (verbal and nonverbal) as evidenced in your successful presentation of speeches and oral assignments.
- Compare effective and ineffective communication using the communication model.
- Acquire confidence in speaking, which will lead to an increased level of personal and professional success as well as personal satisfaction.
- Integrate best practices into your written, PowerPoint or social media communications.
- Overcome gender and audience differences in leading and facilitating.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.