Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with MCE.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Are you ready to take that next step? Do you want to get noticed and selected for a leadership position? How can you develop the effective leadership skills required from confident leaders? You are a manager in your company and you are stepping into a new leadership role. So what is your leadership style? What leadership qualities do you already have? How can your motivate your team including “difficult” people? What makes a great leader?
This leadership programme is uniquely designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for their new challenges and responsibilities. You'll discover the heart, soul and mind of true leadership. Through role-playing, self-assessment tests and other leadership training scenarios, you'll explore leadership roles as a strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor and team member. And you'll learn how to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand what a leader is…and is not
- Project a more dynamic image
- Discover your own unique leadership style
- Determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to take on your first leadership position with greater confidence
- Get noticed by learning how to look and talk like a leader
- Find out what people expect and respect in a leader
- Apply lessons learned through leadership training to refine your skills in gaining and using power and influence positively
- Learn how to motivate a team, including “difficult people”
- Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice leadership using real examples and role plays over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
This 2-day programme is highly interactive and features blended learning. It combines instructor-led classroom training with online pre- and post-programme assessments, and other resources to maximize your training goals.
Is There a Leader in You?
- Discuss which qualities senior management looks for in candidates for leadership positions
- Understand the challenges you will face
What Do Leaders Talk About?
- Discover your leadership style
- Learn to adapt your style to the needs of others
What Is Your Leadership Image?
- Describe how to project the positive professional image of a leader
- Understand the Importance of Trust and Its Effects on Followers
- Build Relationships of Trust with Those You Lead
How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
- Identify a leader’s sources of power and influence
- Illustrate ways that leaders can build their power and influence
How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
- Explain strategies for getting others to support your agenda
How Can You Motivate People?
- Assess the things that really motivate
Methods to Approach the First Day, Week, Month and Year of Leadership
- Design your strategies for being noticed and selected to be a leader
Who should attend
Any manager who needs leadership training to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new leadership assignment.
Trust the experts
Johan’s extensive international expertise in leadership, strategy and management development has been built over a 25-year career in key Human Resources roles and senior positions with international companies in the US and Europe. His work included leading major transformation projects concerning...
Rajeev Aggarwal has 24 years of international corporate experience in various Leadership and Sales roles, which he combines with 11 years of successful experience in Management Development and Coaching . While working on senior management positions for MNCs like PepsiCo, Frito-Lay International, ...