Who should attend
- Individual contributors
- Leaders and managers
- Procurement and contracts professionals
- Anyone who wants to become a better negotiator in business and in life
About the course
This course will focus on negotiation preparation. You will be introduced to tools that will help you clearly define your goals prior to starting your negotiation. You will learn how to conduct research and gather information that will allow you to understand the other party, their preferences, and resources. You will learn how to cultivate trust with your negotiating partner as a way of allowing smooth information flow. Most importantly, you will learn how to prevent unexpected traps and scenarios and instead focus on the person across the table.
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Acquire a clear sense of your interests, priorities, and constraints
- Create a payoff matrix that will guide through the negotiation
- Gather information about the other party
- Create a strategy based on your research
- Cultivate a relationship with the other party by clarifying common ground issues
- Avoid confusion and miscommunication during a negotiation
Allan Filipowicz is Clinical Professor of Management and Organizations at the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University. Professor Filipowicz's research focuses on how emotions drive or impede leadership effectiveness, at both the intrapersonal and interpersonal l...
Professor Tony Simons teaches organizational behavior, negotiation and leadership at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. His research examines trust–employee trust in leaders, executive team member trust, and trust in supply chain relationships. Simons''s research has focused on how well ...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.