Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Across industries, routine decisions and competitive strategies increasingly rely on data-driven business intelligence.
Evaluate data-driven business intelligence challenges and tools, such as data mining and machine learning techniques. Apply data-driven intelligence to improve decisions and estimate the expected impact on performance. Prepare to analyze unprecedented volumes of rich data to predict the consequences of alternative courses of action and guide decision-making. Discuss data-driven business intelligence challenges and tools like data mining and machine-learning techniques.
Explore the ins and outs of data analytics to gain perspective and experience with the complexities of “Big Data” in the business and organizational context.
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour networking lunch included.
Enjoy proximity to the vibrancy of the campus and downtown Austin, and the innovative, business-friendly environment of the city.
- Apply effective data-driven intelligence to improve your decisions and systematically estimate the expected impact on relevant performance objectives
- Discuss the landscape of data-driven intelligence tools, the basics of data mining techniques, and their applications in practice
- Develop a data-analytical approach to problem-solving
- Identify opportunities to derive value from data-driven intelligence
- Acquire hands-on experience to follow up on ideas or opportunities that present themselves
- Machine learning
- Applications to business
- Data mining
Professional Awards Chevron Centennial Fellowship in Business2010 MBA Honor Roll Award for Outstanding MBA Class Instruction, McCombs School of Business, Spring 2006 National Science Foundation award: “Active Learning System for Audit Selection,” 2006 Research Grant, The University of Texas at ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.