Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Enrollment in the Pre-MAcc program is limited to students who have already applied and been admitted into the Fisher MAcc program.
About the course
The Pre-MAcc Seminar will focus on technical accounting knowledge. The knowledge and training that students gain in this non-credit seminar will enhance their ability to perform successfully in the required and elective courses for the Master of Accounting (MAcc) degree at The Ohio State University's Fisher College of Business.
In addition, the Pre-MAcc Seminar will accelerate preparation for the CPA examination. Key U.S. financial accounting concepts that are relevant to the coursework in the MAcc degree and the CPA examination will be covered.
Statement of Cash Flows, Revenue Recognition, Receivables, Plant Assets/Depreciation/Intangibles, Investments & Bonds, Bonds Payable/Notes Payable/Operating Leases/Capital Leases, Stockholders' Equity, EPS & Deferred Taxes, Pensions, Comprehensive Statement of Cash Flows
Program Participants Will:
- Satisfy intermediate-level financial accounting prerequisite for MAcc degree program
- Save time and money: The seminar can save as much as two terms of coursework for business graduates with majors in fields other than accounting
- Have an easier transition into graduate courses in accounting and business
- Receive early guidance for those planning to take the CPA examination in the US
- Network with faculty and other MAcc students
- Earn a certificate for completion of the seminar
Experience Lecturer, Tax Accounting Company Name The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business Dates EmployedAug 2017 – Dec 2017 Employment Duration5 mos LocationColumbus, Ohio Area Tax Manager * * Company Name BDO USA, LLP * Dates EmployedJan 2015 – Dec 2017 * Employment Duration3 yr...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.