Who should attend
This course is designed for energy system auditors and energy management professionals interested in attending the 50001 CP EnMS certification to support implementation of ISO 50001 and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Superior Energy Performance (SEP) Program.
About the course
The 50001 Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (50001 CP EnMS) provides critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to implement an energy management system that conforms to ISO 50001. The 50001 CP EnMS has the expertise to assist organizations to implement best practices in energy management that conform to ISO 50001. Also, the 50001 CP EnMS assists with developing energy performance indicators (EnPI) and baselines that allow a facility to track its performance improvement and develop best practices in incorporating metrics. These practitioners will be facility personnel, consulting professionals, auditors, or service providers with the appropriate technical experience in industrial and commercial energy systems and energy efficiency practices.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement
- Significant Energy Uses (SEUs)
- Simple performance metrics and how to justify its use
- A review of energy
- Simple ratio and regression models
- Objectives, targets, and action plans
- Forecast, backcast, and chaning methods
- Measurement and verification (M&V) protocol
- Operational and maintenance criteria
- How to monitor and measure plans for key characteristics
- Significant deviation
How You Will Benefit
- Prepare to take the 500001 CP EnMS Exam.
- Develop ability to provide critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to become certified to ISO 50001.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Document criteria and methods for selection of SEUs.
- Discuss energy data and develop process for updating an energy review.
- Calculate energy performance, identify targets, and develop and action plan.
- Develop valid models for using the 50001 M&V protocol developed by U.S.Department of Energy.
- Modify current procedures for design and procurement to meet ISO 50001 requirements.
- Determine Operations and Management criteria for equipment.
- Review an internal audit procedure based on ISO 50001.
- Evaluate the implementation and effectiveness of an organization’s corrective and preventive action (CAPA) system.
INTRODUCTION TO CP ENMS PROGRAM
Significant Energy Uses
ENERGY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS, BASELINES, AND ENERGY PERFORMANCE
OBJECTIVES, TARGETS, AND ACTION PLANS
PROCUREMENT AND DESIGN
MONITORING, MEASURING, AND ANALYSIS
INTERNAL AUDIT PROGRAM
ENERGY FOOTPRINT TOOL
Deann Desai is a project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She is actively involved in ISO committees on a variety of topics. She provides implementation assistance and training to companies pursuing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001. Desai has experience in energy mana...
Randall A. Green, M.P.A. (Randy) is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice and Political Science at Georgia Highlands College. He is a former Regional Director with the State of Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles. Mr. Green completed a thirty-two year law enforcement career in July 2011, af...
Tenacious manufacturing and operations leader with a focus on results through strategy, relationships, continuous improvement, and sustainable long term solutions. I communicate with all levels effectively and enjoy being a hands on leader. I build and lead high performance enterprises to provid...
Assistant Director of Georgia Tech's Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) program. Coordinated a team of faculty and student engineers providing energy, waste, and productivity assessments for manufacturers in Georgia and North Florida. Tasks include hiring/training students, developing facility-wi...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.