About the course
With upwards of 50% of physicians suffering from burnout, having knowledge of the research and theory behind this destructive force may be key to combatting these problems once and for all. This course will discuss the theory and research behind burnout and the psychological and physical impacts it can have, both among physicians and in the healthcare system as a whole. Through text, videos, and interactive moments, the course will also discuss assessments commonly used in the industry to measure burnout. Lastly, in taking this course, you will learn practical insights into seeking help, asking for time off, and finding time for things you love in order to provide a more in-depth understanding of what burnout is and how you can defeat it.
You'll learn about:
- Recognize the impacts of burnout on the medical industry today
- Identify the effects that burnout can have on the brain
- Explain the three dimensions of burnout as outlined in the Maslach Burnout Inventory
- Collect the information necessary to reach out to people that can help you
- Demonstrate knowledge of the skills required to uncover your personal needs
- Prepare the required documentation for a time-off conversation
- Apply knowledge of burnout theory to your own personal wellness plan
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.