Who should attend
- A professional who manages timelines or budgets
- A project manager in need of formal training or wants to improve efficiency
- In need of education required for the PMP exam
About the course
Project Managers need to manage every aspect of the projects they oversee, from resources and suppliers to project costs and equipment. Effective project management is essential in today’s business world, and project management training will give you a competitive edge in the job market providing skills that you can apply immediately at your work.
The interactive curriculum of Practical Project Management provides you the essential tools you need to keep projects on task, on time, and on budget. The program is taught by highly qualified instructors who have substantial project management experience.
TEN SESSIONS (MUST ATTEND 8/10)
- The 5 Phases of a Project
- Project Environments and the Role of the Project Manager
- Stakeholder Management
- Risks and Risk Management Plan
- Scheduling for Project Success
- Budget Development and Procurement Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Quality Planning and Control
- Communication and Project Reporting
- Project Integration with Business Requirements
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
- Speak the language of project management
- Identify and communicate effectively with the project’s stakeholders
- Complete projects on time and within budget
- Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, Monitor, and Close a project
- Become familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
LaMonica Whittaker-Walker, PMP is the Director of Technology Projects for Central New Mexico Community College. LaMonica earned her undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M University and an MBA from the University of New Mexico. She has over twenty years of project manag...
Grant Black is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the local Rio Grande Chapter of PMI (PMIRGC), the President-Elect of the Albuquerque Metro Rotary Club, and a new adjunct faculty member of the University of New Mexico, Anderson School of Management, Management Development Cen...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.