Who should attend
This seminar is appropriate for anyone - managers, sales professionals or team leaders interested in improving their speaking and presentation skills by becoming a more persuasive and effective communicator.
About the course
The days of the talking head are over! Today's audiences are more sophisticated, more educated, and more impatient - they want to be entertained as well as informed.
Whether you are speaking to two people or two thousand, in front of a live audience or virtual, presenting to a committee, selling ideas, or simply communicating information to others, the content, design and delivery of your presentation are all important. This interactive and engaging workshop is designed to start you on your way to becoming a more organized, confident, dynamic, and dare we say it...entertaining presenter.
You will learn the practical, 6-Step IMPACT process to improve your presentation and communication skills, and achieve greater results, based on Patrick Donadio’s book “Communicating with IMPACT”. Patrick is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP™) and Master Certified Coach (MCC) who has been speaking professionally since 1986. Walk away with practical tools you can use immediately in your next presentation or speech.
- Presentations Skills Inventory (Self-evaluation)
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement
- The 8 most common speaking mistakes to avoid
- The 6-Step IMPACT Process:
- Intentional Communication
- How to craft a powerful, strategic, intention statement
- The power of why
- Message Management
- Learn a non-linear, outline technique to create a message that will achieve your intention
- How to plan and organize what to say in less time
- Impact of nonverbal communication
- 6 dynamic ways to open and close your presentation
- Personalize Content
- Tips for analyzing your audience go Identify their needs and goals
- How to adapt your communication to the audience
- Activated Engagement
- Techniques to engage/build rapport with your audience (Live/Virtually)
- Pointers for using audio-visuals/slides, handouts, and group interaction
- A system to increase your confidence
- Clarified Meaning
- Explore techniques to summarize and check for understanding
- Insider techniques for Handling Questions and Answers
- Transformational Results
- Two ways to transform words into actions to get greater results
- Shift the mindset of the receiver
- Personal action plan
- Attendees also receive a bonus brochure, The Donadio Checklist, which features what to do before and during your presentation.
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify/Learn the 6 principals to Communicating with IMPACT.
- Fine-tune their speaking skills and increase the impact of their message.
- Uncover techniques that will improve their relationship with the audience and enhance the reception of the message.
- Develop confidence in their speaking/presenting abilities for any situation.
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal behavior.
- Apply and practice the IMPACT process to change verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Develop an "Action Plan" to practice and implement newly learned skills.
Patrick Donadio, MBA, is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP™) and Master Certified Coach (MCC). Since 1986, he has guided leaders and their organizations with powerful presentations and one-on-one business communications coaching. From the boardroom to the classroom he teaches others how to l...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.