Who should attend
Senior executives, managers, administrative and clerical staff, salespeople, and customer service reps who correspond regularly with clients and colleagues by email and would like to improve their professional email writing style.
About the course
According to recent studies, the average person spends 28% of their work week on reading and writing email — more than 11 hours a week!
Yet while most business communication these days is done by email, few people have been trained in how to write an email in a clear and concise manner. We’ve all seen how poorly written emails can lead to misunderstandings, confusion, and mistakes.
This webinar demonstrates specific methods and offers concrete advice on writing and self-editing your email before you press send. You’ll hear simple approaches to create messages that are thorough yet to the point and easily scanned and understood.
What You Will Cover
- Tactics for writing clear, concise messages to grab readers' attention and get results
- Ways to convey a professional image with every email you send
- Helpful guidelines for structuring your message
- What to avoid when crafting your subject line
- How to identify focus and tone problems in your message
- Advice for delivering bad news in an email
- Tips to avoid the little mistakes that can make you come across poorly
- Best practices for responding to “angry” emails
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Write clear, concise email messages
- Convey a professional image through the emails you send
- Identify structure, focus, and tone problems
- Gain email pointers to help you project communication savvy
Pamela Skillings is an author, career development expert, and co-founder of Skillful Communications, a company that provides career coaching and training for individuals and training and development consulting for organizations. Skillful has also developed Big Interview, an online job interview ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.