About the course
Attending this course will benefit you by:
- Providing you with a power project financing “toolkit” incorporating
- project risk appraisal and mitigation
- project quantitative analysis and debt sizing structuring
- project finance loan documentation
- Informing you of the key technical aspects of the sector - as they affect a provider of finance
- Explaining clearly, and in detail, the project financing techniques and structures typically used in the conventional and renewable power generation industries
- Reinforcing learning through the use of case studies which will illustrate the issues and techniques covered in the course
How You Will Learn
Case studies, practical sessions & exercises are used throughout to reinforce learning
Identify the pros & cons of a project from a bankability perspective & also to set out requirements for additional due diligence; Course Faculty will act as a presenter & four participants are selected to act as a committee to screen new transactions before they go to full Credit Committee; Participants will review a project financing term-sheet for completeness & acceptability from the perspective of the Lender/Borrower
The Project Finance 'Toolkit'
- Project Finance Essentials
- The Toolbox (1) - Qualitative Risk Analysis
- The Toolbox (2) – Debt Sizing & Sculpting
- The Toolbox (3) – Project Finance Loan Documentation
Power Project Finance - Sector Practice
- The Technical & Market Background
- Risk Features of Power Project Finance – Key Drivers for Debt Structure & Pricing
Power Project Finance Methodologies – Debt Structures for Conventional Power (PPA, Tolling & Merchant) & Renewable Power (Feed-In Tariffs & Renewable Generation Certificates) Compared & Contrasted
- Key Power Project Financing Contracts - The Power Sale Agreements
- Key Power Project Financing Contracts - Operation & Maintenance Agreements
- Putting in into Practice
The course has a strong practical emphasis throughout and case studies are used, particularly to reinforce learning
Neil Edmonds has worked in the banking industry for over 35 years. Over the last few years, Neil has worked in the Loan Syndications team at Standard Chartered Bank focusing on Structured Finance transactions. Neil’s involvement in the Power and Utility sectors dates back to the privatisation of...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.