Who should attend
Anyone interested in applying to a foundation or BA course or adding to a portfolio. This portfolio preparation course enables students with a range of abilities to construct appropriate work to form part of a portfolio for their next step into Further and Higher Education
About the course
Portfolio Building for over 18’s will encourage you to develop an approach to constructing a body of art work that will extend your thinking and practice, enabling you to apply for further education courses with confidence.
You'll develop a body of artwork, which can be used towards a portfolio for art college application using skills and techniques in research, sketchbook development and practical work.
Your tutor will give you advice on how to present your portfolio as well as on interview techniques, your personal statement and references required. These are all important components of your university application to full-time courses and beyond.
You'll produce substantial work that will enhance your portfolio and be able to talk about your work with confidence. You'll have improved your technical skills in a variety of areas and you'll be able to generate ideas for new work and new ways of working.
- Research methods
- Gathering and extending research
- Use of sketchbooks
- Idea development
- Explore and experiment with the process of making
By the end of this course you should have:
- Prepared new work for your portfolio
- Understood how to develop your work through experimentation
- Put together a collection of ideas, notes and sketches to be included notebook / sketchbook to support your portfolio
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Stephen has degrees in Fine Art - 2D and 3D (1989) and Graphic Design (2000) and is a member of the Association of Illustrators. He has also managed to skirt the periphery of mainstream education, teaching in various capacities. When not conducting experiments in the bending of time to create th...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.