This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
With your advanced skills in risk management, you perform a specialized function attuned to the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex. The PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® highlights your ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities. In this capacity, you enhance and protect the needs of your organization.
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI - RMP)® is a new credential offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® in response to the growing need of professionals who specialize in project risk management. Prepare for the PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® Certification Exam. This course offers an in-depth look at risk management through a Project Management Institute (PMI)® perspective, and is delivered in a combination of lectures and hands-on learning. All components of risk management will be covered including planning, identification, qualification, quantification, response planning and monitoring and controlling risks. You will learn to maximize the results of positive project events, and minimize the consequences of adverse events, both internal and external to the project.
All delegates will be supplied with customized course materials and a course workshop that will help in preparing for the exam. This workshop includes exercises and lots of sample questions that will build your confidence and raise your chances of passing the PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® exam on your first attempt.
- Improve accuracy of project estimates and better ability to specify and achieve project targets
- Achieve higher profit margins on projects as opportunities are captured and negative risks mitigated or avoided
- Enhance the ability to weather project risks and issues, resulting in less unhappy surprises and avoiding early project terminations
- Introduction to Risk Management Concepts
- Principles and Concepts of Risk Management
- Introduction to PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® Processes
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Monitor and Control Risk
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
If you have advanced knowledge and experience in risk management, or if you are a project manager focused on project risk management, including for large projects and/or complex environments, then the PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® is an excellent choice for you.