Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
This PMI-ACP exam prep is designed for anyone who is considering the use of an Agile PM methodology for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Software Managers
- Testing Managers
- Team Leaders
About the course
Agile has made its way into the mainstream – it's no longer a grassroots movement to change software development. Today, more organizations and companies are adopting this approach over a more traditional waterfall methodology, and more are working every day to make the transition. To stay relevant in the competitive, professional world, it's increasingly important that professionals can demonstrate true leadership ability on today's software projects. The Project Management Institute's Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification clearly illustrates to colleagues, organizations or even potential employers that you're ready and able to lead in this new age of product development, management and delivery.
This PMI-ACP exam prep training not only prepares you to lead your next Agile project effort, but ensures that you're prepared to pass the PMI-ACP certification exam. This course provides a proven combination of class learning and testing that prepares students for some of the most difficult of testing situations. Questions are designed to allow you to learn through practice so that you will be able to apply what you have learned for the exam.
PMI, PMI-ACP, PMP and PgMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Please note, if you are taking this class as part of the St. Louis University Certificate requirements, there is a $500 fee to claim your certificate once you have completed ALL requirements.
- Learn precisely what you will need to know in order to pass the Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI–ACP) Exam
- Understand Agile principles and practices which will transform team performance and improve customer satisfaction
- Acquire valuable insights into how you can empower and inspire your team
- Discover techniques to more actively manage a project's scope to help better ensure the delivery of the best product possible, even if that differs from what was planned
- Learn to better know and collaborate with customers for better results
- Learn the most powerful metrics to employ to ensure that teams continuously improve their development and delivery
- Avoid the pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
- Gain powerful insights, techniques and skills to successfully coach a new or existing agile team
- Arm yourself with the latest industry knowledge on how to manage dynamic projects in the most unforgiving environments
- Learn why studies have shown Agile teams are significantly happier with their work, and ensure this benefit for your own team
Part 1: Getting Started
During this kick-off section of the class the group not only covers introductions and course objectives, but they are also taken through an overview of the different Agile methods that are tested on the exam. This section specifically covers:
- Working Agreements
- Agile Overview
What is Agile?
Agile Manifesto & Principles
The Agile Team
Part 2: Tools and Techniques
During this section of the class, the group examines the PMI recognized Tools and Techniques of Agile Project Management. This material represents 50% of the material on the test. This section specifically covers:
- Agile analysis and design
- Agile estimation
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning, monitoring, and adapting
- Process improvement
- Product quality
- Risk management
- Value-based prioritization
Part 3: Knowledge and Skills
During this section of the class the group explores Agile Knowledge and Skills. This material represents 50% of the material on the test. This section specifically covers:
- Agile values and principles
- Agile frameworks and terminology
- Agile methods and approaches
- Assessing and incorporating community and stakeholder values
- Stakeholder management
- Communication management
- Facilitation methods
- Knowledge sharing/written communication
- Building agile teams
- Team motivation
- Physical and virtual co-location
- Global, cultural, and team diversity
- Training, coaching, and mentoring
- Developmental mastery models (for example, Tuckman, Dreyfus, Shu Ha Ri)
- Self-assessment tools and techniques
- Participatory decision models (for example, convergent, shared collaboration)
- Principles of systems thinking (for example, complex adaptive, chaos)
- Problem solving
- Incremental delivery
- Agile discovery
- Agile sizing and estimation
- Value based analysis and decomposition
- Process analysis
- Continuous improvement
- Agile hybrid models
- Managing with agile KPIs
- Agile project chartering
- Agile contracting
- Agile project accounting principles
- Regulatory compliance
- PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
ASPE’s Antoine Victor is an experienced trainer and consultant who specializes in crafting Microsoft solutions through Agile and Test Driven Development. With over 17 years of experience, Antoine has worked with a variety of teams across a number of verticals. Leveraging years of past experience...
Junius has over a decade of experience working in the Agile and Project Management spaces. He has served as a Scrum Master and Agile coach for multiple teams of 30+ in a variety of departments and helped implement new Agile systems within companies. He also worked on defining how Scrum and Agile ...
Scott Duncan has been involved in software engineering, quality assurance, process improvement, methods, standards, training and consulting since 1972. He has over 15 years of Agile software development experience, including 9 years as a Certified Scrum Master. Prior to working in Agile environme...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.