Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This PMI-ACP exam prep is designed for anyone who is considering the use of an Agile PM methodology for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Software Managers
- Testing Managers
- Team Leaders
About the course
Agile has made its way into the mainstream – it's no longer a grassroots movement to change software development. Today, more organizations and companies are adopting this approach over a more traditional waterfall methodology, and more are working every day to make the transition. To stay relevant in the competitive, professional world, it's increasingly important that professionals can demonstrate true leadership ability on today's software projects. The Project Management Institute's Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification clearly illustrates to colleagues, organizations or even potential employers that you're ready and able to lead in this new age of product development, management and delivery.
This PMI-ACP exam prep training not only prepares you to lead your next Agile project effort, but ensures that you're prepared to pass the PMI-ACP certification exam. This course provides a proven combination of class learning and testing that prepares students for some of the most difficult of testing situations. Questions are designed to allow you to learn through practice so that you will be able to apply what you have learned for the exam.
PMI, PMI-ACP, PMP and PgMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Please note, if you are taking this class as part of the St. Louis University Certificate requirements, there is a $500 fee to claim your certificate once you have completed ALL requirements.
- Learn precisely what you will need to know in order to pass the Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI–ACP) Exam
- Understand Agile principles and practices which will transform team performance and improve customer satisfaction
- Acquire valuable insights into how you can empower and inspire your team
- Discover techniques to more actively manage a project's scope to help better ensure the delivery of the best product possible, even if that differs from what was planned
- Learn to better know and collaborate with customers for better results
- Learn the most powerful metrics to employ to ensure that teams continuously improve their development and delivery
- Avoid the pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
- Gain powerful insights, techniques and skills to successfully coach a new or existing agile team
- Arm yourself with the latest industry knowledge on how to manage dynamic projects in the most unforgiving environments
- Learn why studies have shown Agile teams are significantly happier with their work, and ensure this benefit for your own team
Part 1: Getting Started
During this kick-off section of the class the group not only covers introductions and course objectives, but they are also taken through an overview of the different Agile methods that are tested on the exam. This section specifically covers:
- Working Agreements
- Agile Overview
What is Agile?
Agile Manifesto & Principles
The Agile Team
Part 2: Tools and Techniques
During this section of the class, the group examines the PMI recognized Tools and Techniques of Agile Project Management. This material represents 50% of the material on the test. This section specifically covers:
- Agile analysis and design
- Agile estimation
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning, monitoring, and adapting
- Process improvement
- Product quality
- Risk management
- Value-based prioritization
Part 3: Knowledge and Skills
During this section of the class the group explores Agile Knowledge and Skills. This material represents 50% of the material on the test. This section specifically covers:
- Agile values and principles
- Agile frameworks and terminology
- Agile methods and approaches
- Assessing and incorporating community and stakeholder values
- Stakeholder management
- Communication management
- Facilitation methods
- Knowledge sharing/written communication
- Building agile teams
- Team motivation
- Physical and virtual co-location
- Global, cultural, and team diversity
- Training, coaching, and mentoring
- Developmental mastery models (for example, Tuckman, Dreyfus, Shu Ha Ri)
- Self-assessment tools and techniques
- Participatory decision models (for example, convergent, shared collaboration)
- Principles of systems thinking (for example, complex adaptive, chaos)
- Problem solving
- Incremental delivery
- Agile discovery
- Agile sizing and estimation
- Value based analysis and decomposition
- Process analysis
- Continuous improvement
- Agile hybrid models
- Managing with agile KPIs
- Agile project chartering
- Agile contracting
- Agile project accounting principles
- Regulatory compliance
- PMI's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
Harlan is a proven leader and Project Management Professional with over 30 years of experience in business management, web development, software development and technical communication projects and programs. He has a track record of expertly managing departments, business units, complex multi-mil...
Cheryl Randle, served the Kansas City PMI Mid-America Chapter, President-Elect 2015, President in 2016 through 2017, and Past-President 2018. An innovative strategist of business and technology solutions, she possesses a wealth of experience, knowledge, and skills acquired with some of the larges...
Razvan Radulian brings over 15 years of business and IT experience both as an Analyst and as Project Manager. He is an expert in Business and Enterprise Architecture, Business Analysis, Business Process Analysis, User Experience, OOAD and UML within the Pharmaceutical, Clinical Trials, Clinical T...
Background 22 years experience in various roles - Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Program Manager and Delivery Manager. Reviewer of PMBOK, 6th Edition (released on 6th Sept 2017). Training Offerings PMP, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, MS PROJECT, FINANCE, PMI-ACP, AGILE, SCRUM, JIRA, ITIL 4 FOUNDA...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.