Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
Created by the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, this revolutionary program will help you understand the importance of diet and nutrition for your life. Through video presentations, including over 20 experts (MDs, PhDs, RDs, RNs), research and perspectives are provided to emphasize why following a plant-based diet is optimal for health—including the prevention and reversal of diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
Consisting of three two-week courses (to be taken one at a time), this online certificate program provides you the opportunity to examine historic and contemporary research, learn the steps for practical application in your life, and be better prepared to engage in productive conversations with friends, colleagues, clients, or patients about the science behind plant-based nutrition. Interactive elements throughout the course provide tools for learning and check understanding of content presented.
The foundation of the program is based on Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s lectures, experience and decades of research. Over the course of his career, he has served on grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, participated in the development of national and international nutrition policy, authored over 300 research papers, has been awarded more than seventy grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and given hundreds of lectures around the world. He co-authored the worldwide bestselling book The China Study and is the author of the New York Times bestseller Whole, and The Low-Carb Fraud.
- Nutrition and Society
- Diseases of Affluence
- Plant-Based in Practice
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s eight principles of nutritional health
- The role nutrition plays in chronic disease
- Impact of a whole food plant-based diet on weight loss and weight management
- Common topics of concern to athletes including supplements and protein consumption
- The psychological reasons we are drawn to unhealthy foods
- How government and industry can affect dietary choices and the environment
- The importance of healthy eating practices for child development and maternal health
- Trend diet topics including: gluten-free, low-carb, vegan, paleo, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from The T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies and eCornell
- 30 Continuing Professional Education Credits for Dietitians (CPEUs)
- 2 Professional Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for National Strength and Conditioning Association members
- 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (CMEs)
- 30 Nursing Contact Hours (CNEs)
- 30 Hours Pharmacy CE (CPEs)
Who should attend
- Medical, nutritional, and other health professionals
- Anyone seeking to improve their personal health