Who should attend
This course is ideal for you if you are a filmmaker looking to move into this 'in-demand' area. It will also be useful for you if you are an account manager or marketing coordinator who has responsibility for commissioning online content.
About the course
Have you ever wondered how Dove #ChooseBeautiful or Nike Womens #BetterForIt video content have gone viral? This course will prepare you to plan and produce videos for brands that will form part of a sharable brand story. By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of storytelling structures and treatment development. Through a series of lectures and practical workshops you will learn about storytelling structures, treatment development and research of your idea, basic shooting techniques, editing and delivery. It is ideal for you if you are a filmmaker looking to move into this 'in-demand' area. It will also be useful for you if you are an account manager or marketing coordinator who has responsibility for commissioning online content. By the end of the course you will leave feeling ready to approach clients and briefs with well constructed ideas and proposals and the ability to execute them professionally.
- Writing and understanding briefs and outlining client needs
- Thinking in budgets. Analysis of current forms of online content
- Basic storytelling techniques and narrative structures
- Basic camera skills and shooting needs.Basic editing skills (Adobe Premiere Pro CC)
- Feedback delivery and analysis
- Networking and your own online presence
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Write and interpret briefs, work with client needs
- Design and deliver a project treatment and budget
- Understand the basics of using a video camera and employ basic shooting skills including understanding of audio
- Deliver and respond to feedback
- Edit a video using software (Adobe Premiere Pro CC) and basic editing skills
Rufai works as a Cinematographer, Gaffer & Lighting Technician His longest working relationship has been with Director/Fashion Photographer; George Harvey. Mentored by Simon Foxton (&SON, i-D, Nick Knight), at the beginning of his career, Rufai's research interests and self made work f...
Hana is a writer, blogging specialist and social media enthusiast. A former editor and founder of online magazines, Hana has nine years of experience with blogging, marketing and managing online platforms. She started blogging in 2007 about Apple for MacBlog.sk the leading Apple weblog in Slovak...
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.