About the course
While strong clinical skills often lead to interviews and job offers for physicians, they aren’t the only factor predicting long term-career success. Employers are beginning to recognize the importance of certain transferable and non-technical soft skills and are looking for those traits more often in their future employees. These “soft” skills are the skills professionals should learn, regardless of the profession they choose.
This course will assist physician leaders in recognizing which transferable career soft skills may help increase their competitive advantage, ensure future marketability, support interdisciplinary collaboration, and ultimately promote a smoother transition from one role to the next.
- Recognize the importance of honing and promoting transferable career soft skills
- Recognize which non-clinical soft skills can be used to achieve future career success
- Develop effective strategies for communicating and connecting with peers in the workplace
- Identify gaps and potential areas of growth within your own career soft skills
- Explain how soft skills contribute to the strategic thinking and problem-solving process
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.