Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals who want to improve their communication by using persuasive speaking to effectively convince an audience on topics and ignite action in a dynamic business environment.
About the course
Persuasive speaking is a popular form of speech aimed to convince, incite action, or enhance belief by the audience on a certain point of view. In this experiential course, you will be introduced to persuasive speaking, discover strategies for audience analysis, and learn techniques to communicate clearly and confidently. Through engaging and dynamic activities, you will apply best practices and gain experience with delivery techniques for effective persuasion—ultimately expanding your personal impact.
- Identify characteristics of persuasive speech and when it should be used
- Implement strategies for developing persuasive content
- Examine and assess ability for persuasive leadership and presence
- Use persuasive techniques in conversation in professional contexts
Understanding Persuasive Speaking
- Role of Persuasive Speech
- What Makes Speech Persuasive?
- Ethics of Persuasion
Using Rhetoric to Develop a Persuasive Narrative
- Developing a Framework for Persuasion
- Rhetorical Strategies for Persuasive Speech
- Psychology of Persuasion
- Module Capstone: Developing Persuasive Remarks
Preparing to Persuade
- Developing Presence
- Connecting with Your Audience
- Public Speaking and Delivering Effective Presentations
- Module Capstone: Preparing for a Presentation
Course Capstone: Applying Persuasion
- Capstone Activities
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.