Who should attend
Anyone in the grants community—awarding and recipient personnel alike—who needs to apply performance-based principles to grant projects and programs will benefit from this course.
About the course
The Office of Management and Budget's (OMB) Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) guides the performance measurement and management activities required for all Federal financial assistance awards. Develop a foundational understanding of performance measurement approaches and the specific requirements and definitions in the Uniform Guidance. Learn to apply performance-based principles to grant projects by gaining critical insight on how performance measurement affects each phase of the Federal grants lifecycle. This is an elective course in all tracks of the GMCP™.
- Explain the need to show effective use of grants funds
- Summarize the steps needed for effective performance measurement
- Analyze approaches to performance measurement
- Evaluate pre-award requirements for performance measurement
- Assess post-award requirements for Federal grants in performance measurement
- Analyze how well a project succeeded in meeting its goals
Results-Oriented Performance Measurement
- Performance Measurement Overview
- Performance Measurement in Legislation
- Aligning Grant Programs with Agency Priorities
Fundamentals of Performance Measurement
- Project Development
- Measuring Project Performance
Approaches to Performance Measurement
- Implementing a Performance Measurement System
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Reporting Performance and Considerations for Performance Measurement
- Pre-Award Performance Measurement Requirements Under 2 CFR 200
- Performance Measures in Grant Program Announcements
- Performance Measures in Grant Applications
- Evaluating Recipient Capabilities
- Performance Reporting Requirements for Non-federal Entities
- Monitoring Responsibilities for Federal Awarding Agencies and Pass-through Entities
- Corrective Action
Closeout and Post-Closeout Requirements
- Performance Measurement Closeout Requirements
- Performance Measurement Post-Closeout Requirements
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.