Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The programme is focused on helping HR leaders leverage people analytics to achieve positive change across the individual, organisational and societal levels, and chart a vision for the future. The programme is ideal for:
- Mid-level to senior HR professionals from any industry looking to set up or restructure the people analytics function to leverage data and solve problems
- People/data analytics professionals seeking to expand strategic knowledge of people analytics and integrate untapped data sources to make business-relevant predictions
- Consultants – HR & Analytics who need the technical skills to provide more innovative and impactful solutions to their clients
- Project Managers who need to optimise and better align their teams and initiatives to corporate strategy
- Directors and Functional heads looking to use people analytics to transform their workplace and make better staffing decisions
- Employee representatives who want to acquire a more sophisticated understanding of how big data and artificial intelligence are transforming many aspects of the workplace.
About the course
Today’s human resource leaders and people managers are being called upon to make decisions that enhance both people and business outcomes. Most HR leaders do not have access to employee data and the analytical tools that help to derive insights, to optimise and align decisions with strategic corporate objectives. This programme will enable you to develop a cutting-edge People Analytics function in your organisation. It will also equip you with practical and analytical techniques, and data-driven insights that will guide you to future proof your business.
Throughout this eight-week online programme, you will learn practical approaches to set up your people analytics team and leverage data that already exists within your organisation, to solve strategic challenges at the workplace.
- Module 1: Strategic Positioning – How do you set up a people analytics function?
- Module 2: Achieving Operational Excellence with Data – How do you organise and leverage what already exists within your organisation?
- Module 3: Root Cause Analysis and Project Tactics – How do you ensure you solve the right problem within the appropriate timeframe?
- Module 4: Designing Successful Experiments – How can you best achieve scientific rigour and quality within complex and dynamic organisational settings?
- Module 5: Psychometrics – What role do latent traits have in governing workplace behaviour and how can psychological data augment people analytics efforts?
- Module 6: Organisational Data Science 1 – How do you go from description to prediction and what do people analytics projects involve in practice?
- Module 7: Organisational Data Science 2 – How can you safely and consistently integrate data into your communication and decision-making strategies?
- Module 8: Transforming the Workplace: What is your vision for the future of work and how can people analytics help you to achieve positive change in individuals, organisations and society?
- Learn to develop a cutting-edge people analytics function in your organisation, and return to your organisation with a tangible action plan
- Become equipped with practical and analytical techniques and data-driven insights to help future-proof your organisation
- Learn how to generate actionable insights
- Learn how to use data to solve your business challenges.
Dr Luning Sun is Research Director of The Psychometrics Centre and Research Associate in the Operations and Technology Management Group at the Cambridge Judge Business School. He is project director for the ESRC ORA Plus Scheme to develop the International Cognitive Ability Resource (ICAR), a pub...
Peter Romero leads the Centre's research projects and educational programmes in the field of people analytics, and is currently a researcher at Keio University in Tokyo. Being educated in Hamburg, Tokyo, and Cambridge, he has extensive teaching experience at undergraduate and graduate level as we...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.