Who should attend
- People analytics professionals
- OD professionals
- HR business partners
About the course
The field of People Analytics is at a crossroads. The number of tools and sophisticated applications keeps increasing, more and more organizations are building dedicated analytics groups, everyone in HR knows the importance of data and analysis when making talent decisions … yet organizations still struggle to put analytics at the center of human capital decision making and organizational change. This should be the dawn of a Golden Age of People Analytics, yet without significant improvement we will not unlock the promise of People Analytics.
This masterclass provides tools and frameworks to overcome the current challenges facing People Analytics. It is designed for the critical communities of professionals who have to work together for People Analytics to achieve the new Golden Age: analytics professionals, and organizational development (OD) and HR generalists who work directly with the business to lead large-scale change.
Increase the breadth and impact of analytics through the following modules:
- Turn data into C Suite decision making: Analytics efforts too often focus on finding facts to demonstrate “objective” realities in the org system without ensuring they resonate with the right audience. This module shows how to influence and drive the right interpretation of the data from the business leaders’ perspective, not just factual presentations of statistical analyses.
- Integrate analytics and OD to activate successful org change and transformation: Successful change requires the right mix of process, measurement and action. Combine the best data and measurement tools from the analytics world, with the dynamic tools and frameworks used by OD to diagnose, guide and deliver organizational change and transformation programs that work.
- Conduct org diagnostics using qualitative and quantitative analysis: Classic analytics approaches rely too heavily on analyzing and collecting data from individuals, rather than the teams and org units where the business and strategic outcomes are realized. Comprehensive org diagnostics of the drivers of business performance require a combination of case study and systems analytics.
The masterclass will also include a review of cutting edge and advanced analytics techniques to clarify, for both analytics and non-analytics professionals:
- What the techniques are good for, and their limitations
- How best to apply them on their own, versus in conjunction with other measurement, diagnosis and change approaches
Examples of the techniques and issues to be addressed include machine learning, network analysis, advanced survey design and analysis, and identifying economic relevance rather than just statistical significance.
Dr. Levenson’s research focuses on the economics of human resources and organization design; HR and human capital metrics, analytics, and return on investment; and global and emerging market talent strategies. Topics include estimating the strategic and financial impact of HR and human capital; m...
Dr. Maura Stevenson joined MedVet as Chief Human Resources Officer in 2017. In this role, Dr. Stevenson oversees all aspects of the Employee Experience, including talent management, compensation and benefits, leadership and employee development, and organizational development. Prior to joining M...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.