Who should attend
- Experienced and entry level payroll professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Managers and supervisors providing strategic payroll management
- Sales professionals and consultants serving the payroll industry
- Systems analysts and engineers writing payroll programs
- Payroll service bureau client representatives
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam candidates
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam candidates
About the course
Villanova University is proud to partner with the American Payroll Association in offering the premier payroll designation in the country.
Villanova University’s PayTrain® Level 1 and PayTrain® Level 2 courses are designed to increase your payroll knowledge and prepare you for the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam and/or the Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) exam.
Information on certification from the American Payroll Association is available on the American Payroll Association website.
Courses consist of online modules which are supplemented with weekly live, virtual instructor-led sessions. Enrollees in the course receive an online assessment of current knowledge, course materials and access to interactive online games and applications to reinforce topics learned.
To complete the Payroll Certificate Program through Villanova's College of Professional Studies and earn a certificate of program completion, students must complete both courses:
- PayTrain® Level 1 - Fundamentals
- PayTrain® Level 2 - Mastery (PayTrain® Level 1 - Fundamentals is a prerequisite.)
Courses can be taken individually and not as part of the program, however students are encouraged to check any benefit restrictions from corporations, agencies and/or organizations from which they are receiving tuition assistance.
PayTrain Level 1 - Fundamentals
PayTrain Level 1 encompasses 10 learning modules that covers payroll concepts, calculations of pay, calculations of deductions and net pay, fringe benefits and other payments, retirement plans, cafeteria plans, payroll reporting and employment taxes, record keeping and payroll practices, payroll accounting and audits, and payroll administration and management as they apply to Payroll.
The course is ideal for individuals who are new to the payroll industry, those who are new in supporting the payroll industry such as practitioners, consultants and service providers, and those who are preparing for the FPC certification examinations.
Offered 100% online, this course allows busy working professionals to attend class from anywhere in the world with internet access.
PayTrain Level 2 - Mastery PayTrain Level 2 is a comprehensive course of 12 learning modules providing students with a solid understanding of advanced payroll topics including health benefits and international payments, necessary for payroll managers and supervisors.
This course is ideal for experienced payroll professionals seeking compliance training, professional development, or CPP certification preparation after completing PayTrain Level 1.
Also offered 100% online!
By completing PayTrain Levels 1 and 2, you will gain:
- A foundation of knowledge for starting or advancing your payroll career
- Improved job performance by increasing accuracy and compliance
- Access to a network of peers to learn about payroll practices in other organizations
- Solid grounding in compliance issues
- Preparation for the FPC and CPP exams
- Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs) or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to maintain Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) credentials
Experienced payroll manager with a demonstrated history working in the higher education, telecommunication and healthcare industries. Skilled in Multi-state Payroll Processing, Payroll Taxes, Third-party Payroll Processing, In-house Payroll Processing, and Report Writing with advanced MS Office a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.