About the course
The Paralegal Certificate Course© is the cornerstone of CLS by Barbri programs. Paralegalism is one of the fastest growing careers in the country.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the number of paralegals to increase 15% between 2016 and 2026, much faster than the national average for all occupations.
The national median earnings for paralegals is currently $50,940.00/Year and freelance paralegal professionals average significantly more across the board.
The Paralegal Certificate Course© is available in a variety of formats to suit your schedule and is offered through colleges and universities nationwide. Successful graduates will receive a professional certificate from the college or university of their choice.
Upon completion of both courses, students will:
- Explain the elements of and differences between Chapter 7, 11, 12, & 13 bankruptcies
- Summarize the procedural rules governing bankruptcy law
- Demonstrate how to prepare bankruptcy documents, including petitions, the statement of financial affairs, schedules, and the order confirming plans
- Examine the provisions of Chapters 1, 3 & 5 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Discuss the ethical considerations of practicing bankruptcy law
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.