Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The programme is for corporate executives, civil servants, philanthropists and social investors responsible for demonstrating organisational impact.
About the course
Learn how to measure and optimise your social and environmental impact
Organisations are no longer measured purely on their financial outputs but also on how they achieve social and environmental goals.
How can we measure and quantify the outcomes to deliver higher returns and wider community benefits?
On this programme, you will explore the nature of impact while developing a practical impact measurement strategy and action plan for your organisation in discussion with academics, industry pioneers and experienced peers from across the globe.
- critically assess the main impact methodologies and frameworks
- look at how to achieve management buy-in
- examine the choices, trade-offs and opportunities posed by impact measurement
- assess a range of measurement tools and methods
- learn how to optimise impact
The programme blends theoretical study with practical case studies to help you understand how impact measurement can work effectively in real-world contexts.
On completion, you will have access to our growing network of public and private sector institutions, philanthropists and social entrepreneurs, all keen to share the challenges of social change.
- Achieve senior management buy-in and stakeholder alignment
- Learn how to critically assess the main impact methodolgies and frameworks and select the right one for your situation
- Understand choices and trade-offs to optimise impact across a portfolio
To your business
- Create an impact measurement strategy and implementation plan for your organisation
- Develop the impact management infrastructure and culture to deliver effective social impact projects
- Achieve buy-in from your senior management team enabling the integration of impact measurement into your organisation
Day one – Framing the impact measurement challenge
- What is impact? Who defines impact? What counts? Who decides?
- Create your impact measurement strategy
- Situate the different perspectives across the capital chain
- Social risk and unintended outcomes
- Perspectives from experts - the current landscape and next generation approaches
- Case study (TBC): Valuing impact – social return on investment
Day two – Strategy
- Developing an impact thesis and target focus
- Impact Management
- Selecting Methods and Tools
- Impact Standards
- Optimise impact for individual organisations and across a portfolio
- Examine choices and trade-offs based on impact expectations
- Case study (TBC): Standards and ratings for impact performance
Day three – Perspectives
- Developing your impact measurement strategy
- Whose impact matters?
- Feedback and constituent voices
- Accounting for impact
- Case study (TBC): Unintended consequences and their implications
Day four – Evidence
- Lean data and technology for impact measurement
- Outcomes-based approaches
- Materiality and reporting
- Developmental evaluation
- Case study (TBC): The value of impact measurement
Day five – Responsible Measurement in Practice
- Responsible leadership – principles, values and choices
- Pitch of your impact measurement and management (IMM) strategy
- Establish post-programme networking goals
Dr Alex Nicholls is Professor of Social Entrepreneurship within the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. His research interests range across several key areas within social entrepreneurship and social innovation, including: social finance and soc...
Karim has over a decade of international experience in impact measurement and evaluation, particularly for impact investing, social finance, and social enterprise. He was the Co-Chair of the Impact Measurement Task Force convened by the Government of Ontario, and the Canadian representative on th...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.