Who should attend
- Are an entrepreneur, business leader, or executive wanting to gain strategic insight and actionable knowledge to create new ventures or develop business strategies for cyber
- Are intellectually curious and motivated and in the midst of, or aspiring towards, a career transition or looking for future-fit skills in cyber security
- Want to learn alongside, and build a network with, fellow participants, ranging from mid-senior to C-level executives
- Interact with consumer data, and/or are responsible for compliance and data privacy regulations
About the course
The Oxford Cyber Security for Business Leaders Programme prepares leaders from all industries for the increasingly complex future of cyber security. Participants will gain a full understanding of the challenges and potential of cyber, along with the frameworks and vocabulary enabling them to make strategic decisions to help secure their organisation’s cyber-resilient future.
Over six modules, the programme explores cyber security from the basics of cyber hygiene to advanced and adjacent topics.
Module 1 - Core Cyber Security Concepts Gain an ability to evaluate and understand cyber security context within the needs of a business. Learners will understand what it means to be Cyber Fit, how to manage “smart” vs. “careless” risk, and to ensure that cyber security is integrated into the culture of their organisations.
Module 2 - Threats and Vulnerabilities Deepen your understanding of the threats to your organisation -- from insiders, hackers and cyber criminal organisations to nation states. Learn how to use threat intelligence to analyse cyber risks, and a leading framework to better prepare your organisation.
Module 3 - Globalisation and Supply Chain Cyber Security Confront the cyber risks of globalisation and integrated supply chains through deep exploration of emerging challenges of AI and quantum computing.
Module 4 - Cyber Security Controls and Operations Build skills to implement and strengthen cyber operations and architectures. Learn about incident response and practice responding to a major attack in a simulation. Explore the cyber maturity model and gain an understanding of what you need to do to take your organisation to the next level.
Module 5 - Responsible Innovation and Digital Opportunity Explore the ethical dimensions of the new cyber world, and how to innovate responsibly for the benefit of all. Exercise persuasive skills to position your cyber venture for positive future impact and confront cyber issues with complex technical and social implications.
Module 6 - Resilience and Strategic Responses Develop the skills to take smart risks and to make your organisations more resilient against ever-evolving cyber threats. Explore the cyber implications of corporate M/A and rapid growth, and complete an experiential learning team capstone project.
What you will gain
Upon successful completion of the programme, you’ll:
- Learn the necessary skills required to create a cyber resilient business model that builds trust in the system
- Gain knowledge of recent and on-going changes in multiple domains within cyber security
- Access a network of world-class academics, industry experts, and peers to collaborate and develop ideas
- Gain access to a global network of e-lumni, and benefits unique to members of the Oxford Saïd online programmes community
- Be awarded a certificate of attendance from Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
Andrew White is Associate Dean for Executive Education and Corporate Relations at Saïd Business School and Fellow of Green Templeton College at the University of Oxford. An experienced programme director, teacher and researcher, his areas of expertise include innovation management and leadership ...
Research My research covers empirical and theoretical topics in industrial organization, corporate finance, behavioral finance, asset pricing, and financial economics. Please visit my personal webpage or my SSRN author page for more information. https://sites.google.com/site/martincschmalz/...
David is a globally recognized authority on financial innovation, and created and leads the SBS online programmes Oxford Fintech and Oxford Blockchain Strategy. David is the founder & CEO of Distilled Analytics, a data/machine learning fintech derived from MIT research that applies multi sca...
Pinar Ozcan is Professor of Strategic Management at Warwick Business School. She specializes in strategy, entrepreneurship, and the emergence of new technology markets.. Professor Ozcan completed her Ph.D. at the Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP) at the Stanford University Management ...
Sadie Creese is Professor of Cyber Security in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford. She teaches operational aspects of cybersecurity including threat detection, risk assessment and security architectures. In Computer Science she teaches the second year Computer Security...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.