Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
This module investigates the firm’s position in the economy and society, and the forces that shape the firm.
- Various enterprise models: Characteristics of the enterprise, such as ownership, size, political environment and the role of IT in achieving the enterprise’s strategic objectives.
- Corporate Governance within different types of organizations.
- Competition, coordination and cooperation.
- Stakeholder Communication: theories, addressing different stakeholders.
- The governance of IT presented via portfolio management, benchmarking, and IT audit.
- The role of the CIO/ IT Leader within the organization and the interaction with other parts of the organization.
This 5-day course is part of the Executive MBA in Business & IT, however, it can also be booked as an individual Certificate Program. The course consists of a mixture of theory and practice – Professors and researchers from TUM and our partners provide the academic knowledge, which is then enriched with practioners’ insights from the industry side. In addition, group work, discussions and personal development components enhance the learning experience.
Research topics in the field of "Business IT Alignment": Decision support in the sense of "Intelligent Decision Support" with a focus on reference modeling and intelligent systems; Information and communication management in distributed organizations; Method design for business engineering projects
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.