Owner Manager Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lagos Business School.Full disclaimer.
The Owner Managers Programme (OMP) is designed for owners / managing directors of small and medium scale organisations. The OMP is designed to provide business owners with skills and capacity for development of long term strategic plans to transform their businesses and drive profitability.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES:
The OMP will enable participants:
- Acquire knowledge of steps required to build competitive and sustainable businesses.
- Gain knowledge on the importance of entrepreneurial leadership to inspire creativity and build commitment at all levels in their organisation.
- Understand how to innovate systematically in cost-effective ways that are relevant to the customer.
- Develop critical skills required to continuously identify and assess new business opportunities.
- Master the business dynamics and benefits of for-profit businesses with a social impact and its importance for business sustainability.
- Discover how to build a culture of excellence for sustained competitive advantage.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE & LEARNING PROCESS:
Varied combinations of learning activities are employed on the Programme. These are designed to stimulate learning in participants as well as investigate new approaches to management by providing new skills and a platform for practical application.
The main pedagogical tool used in the OMP is the case study method. Skills are built through targeted lectures, readings, presentations and case studies, discussed in study groups with the aim of introducing new ideas and theories that challenge participants' existing perspectives. This approach also permits participants to benefit from the latent knowledge of experienced faculty. Learning also includes business simulation games, business impact assessment, sharing of entrepreneurial journeys by participants and executive coaching sessions.
Delivery is over six months of six modules. Participants will be in class one week (Monday – Friday) every month.
Who should attend
- Founders or business owners/co-owners of companies in existence for a minimum of 2 years with at least N50m annual turnover.
- Partners in professional firms with at least five professionals.