Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
As marketing manager, medical or regulatory manager, product manager or sales manager, you need to make the right analysis and decisions to come up with the tools for your organization to focus on your target consumers and develop your business in the most efficient and effective way. This programme is ideal for: Business Managers, Marketing Managers and Executives responsible for or contributing to corporate strategy and responsible for its implementation within their departments. Participants typically have more then 6 years of professional experience.
About the course
A growing group of consumers and patients are taking responsibility for the management of their own health. Local and national authorities are endorsing this patient empowerment and its direct impact on lessening the burden on the National Health Systems. As a result, companies are keen to win and gain market share in suitable and dynamic market segments. It is no surprise, OTC (Over-the-Counter) is on the rise.
As a direct result, consumer SELF Healthcare is attracting a lot of interest from many different players: from Pharma to the Non-Healthcare Consumer Product Industry. Companies see the potential and are keen to develop these markets. It is also no surprise that consumer marketing is the big question that needs to be answered. OTCs comprise a broad range of self-care products to treat, to relieve, to prevent and to diagnose health issues. OTCs comprise medicines, and also switches, medical devices, food supplements, naturals and phytos, derma cosmetics etc. Examples include: nasal sprays for hay fever, creams for eczema , heart rate monitors, vitamin pills etc.
What does it mean to market OTCs to consumers? What should be the indication? What should be the positioning? Where is the competitive spot with attractive claims and profitability? How to win in communication in modern media times? How to decide on distribution and supply? What would be the best pricing and packaging? What investments are needed? Can you make a line extension to an existing brand? Can you make a switch? Can you engage HCP?
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will be able to better support the development and implementation of your company’s OTC business strategy towards the end consumers:
- Understand the consumer healthcare trends
- Identify suitable strategies for consumer healthcare products
- Shape winning positioning
- Select the appropriate marketing mix
- Engage target consumers
- Plan effective communication to target consumers, distributors, endorsers
- Plan effective action plan to harness success
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different companies and countries
- Develop a personalised action plan that you will take back with you to your job
- Learn and practise these new skills using case studies, real examples and role plays over 5 interactive and challenging days
What will you learn and practice?
The MCE “Fundamentals of Consumer Self Health Care and Communications” is a hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
To guide you through the main issues and factors you need to know and to consider when you will build and implement a Consumer Health business:
*I. Global trends in Consumer Health *
- Demographics, technology, health economics
- Shift to self care management , prevention, treatment, relief
- Multiple examples of patient and consumer empowerment
*II. Consumer Marketing, a holistic approach *
- Market and consumer segmentation
- Creative approach
- Media selection
- Connection with excellence in medical, regulatory, supply , sales, trade, distribution,
Best practices from around the world
Consumer engagement based on insights
Importance of branding and communication
Return on investment , allocation of budgets, KPI’s
Role of pharmacist
Role of physician
** III. From Planning to Action**
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.