This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Leaders of companies claim politics isn’t important or doesn't exist. Yet, every day, results and careers in organizations suffer from power plays, inflated egos, turf battles, hidden personal agendas, deception, and bad mouthing. Successful leaders know how to manage organizational politics and use it to their benefit. This workshop adjusts attitudes about power and politics, confronts naiveté about organizational dynamics, and provides practical strategies for building organizational impact with integrity (e.g., ethical lobbying, addressing hidden agendas, promoting yourself with integrity, respecting turf and ego, etc.). This session is designed to benefit those well-intentioned individuals whose lack of political skills leaves them vulnerable to being underestimated, sabotaged, and denied credit for their ideas and work.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 15% Reactions to politics & underestimating the role of politics in your success
- 15% Two major political styles, their dangers, and targeting a more balanced style
- 10% Mapping the political styles within your own work world
- 15% Identifying and changing your own counterproductive attitudes
- 15% Real-company case studies
- 30% Street-smart, non-manipulative strategies to increase political impact
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations, Judgment, Motivation
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Authority, Coordination
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions
Trust the experts
Dr. Rick Brandon delivers keynote speeches at corporate events, educates thousands annually in workshops, and appears in various industrial and educational videos. In early 1999, Dr. Brandon launched Brandon Partners, offering a unique service for corporate events, blending his passion for motiva...