Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This qualification will ideally suit professional consultants, managers with an internal consultancy focus, HR Business Partners, and senior leaders who wish to develop their Organisational Design skillset and personal influence in the business.
About the course
Delegates attending this programme will achieve the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting
The CMI Level 7 Qualifications in Professional Consulting (RQF) have been developed by Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in cooperation with the Institute of Consulting (IC). These qualifications are designed for Professional Consultants who want to develop their strategic skills with consulting such as organisational structure and culture, entry and diagnosis, communicating strategies for consulting and group dynamics and facilitating skills.
Module 1 takes place over 3 consecutive days. You will then have a few months off to complete the assessment and Module 2 will then take place over 2 consecutive days.
This programme has been specially developed for practicing or aspiring Organisational Development consultants. Our learners may be external consultants, working with a variety of organisations, or employees who will be consulting within their own company. On successful completion, delegates will be awarded with the Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting from the Chartered Management Institute (17 M Level Credits).
Delivered by practicing professionals, this level 7 programme has been developed for consultants who will be advising individuals or teams at the senior, strategic level.
Module 1: Understanding Organisations and The Consultancy Role (3 days) Module 2: Tools and Techniques for Effective Consulting (2 days)
Module 1 Learning outcomes:
- Understand the strategic function of Organisational Design
- Explore a range of models and paradigms to identify and establish the nature of organisations
- Discover the key components of business architecture though exploration of current thought leadership
- Use coaching skills to collaboratively assess and build solutions with the client
- Develop a range of consultancy approaches and strategies
- Grow personal effectiveness and reflective practice as a consultant
- Evaluate organisational behaviour; what is valued and rewarded and the impact of these decisions
- Identify and explore the background, nature, purpose of OD consulting
- Explore the different types and roles of consulting and define own consultancy practice
- Understanding the consultancy process
- Explore the skills, behaviour and knowledge of the effective OD consultant
- The impact of communication will be considered and the learners will identify the role of the consultant in supporting the strategic flow of information throughout the organisation
- The nature of organisational evolution, structure and hierarchy will be explored
- Explore and apply a range of OD models and theories to support consultancy practice
- The role and application of coaching in consultancy will be explored and applied and the skill of developing powerful questions developed
- The concept of the reflective practitioner will be explored and various models for effective reflective practice and personal / professional growth will be discussed and applied
- Learners will explore consultancy approaches / strategies based upon their discussions / analysis
- We will continue to build the OD consulting tool-kit considering key components of business architecture, and current thought leadership will be taught.
- We will explore the complexities of operating and consulting within open systems
- We will conclude Module 1 with definition and exploration of organisation culture and how this impacts the OD practitioner / consults role
- Understand how to effectively manage personal professional development of others
- Be able to act with professionalism and integrity as a consultant
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality in professional practice
- Be able to show your unique selling points as a consultant
- Understand the impact of organisational culture on an organisation
- Understand the impact on a consultant’s work within a client organisation
- Know how to establish and maintain working relationships with the client
- Be able to manage communications during entry and diagnosis
- Improve the performance of your organisation or clients organisation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.