Who should attend
OD and business change practitioners; HR leaders and business partners; other leaders and professionals charged with delivering organisational (re)design
About the course
A masterclass to help you understand how to develop and refine your organisation's design in order to facilitate better business performance.
- Understand what organisational design is and its value to customers, management and shareholders
- Recognise the core principles and tests of an effective design for your organisation
- Gain a methodology, tools and frameworks for undertaking organisational design
- Explore practical examples and an interactive case study to enable you to apply this in practice
Organisational design is the process of aligning the structure, workflows and resources of an organisation with its objectives in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The need for organisational design can come from mergers, new products and services, cost reduction initiatives and broad change initiatives.
The Organisational Design Masterclass is a live-online programme that covers what organisational design is and how to implement it in your organisation, with practical examples.
Understand and articulate the difference good design can make to the effectiveness and efficiency of your organisation
Develop in-demand skills as an organisational design practitioner, understanding your existing strengths and development needs
Gain methodologies, tools and frameworks that you can immediately apply
Collaborate with peers in a supportive learning environment
Organisational design is essential for organisations to remain agile and competitive. Building your capabilities in this area supports your organisation's future effectiveness and efficiency
Henley's People & Organisational Change masterclasses are delivered through the presentation and exploration of key ideas, peer discussion, group learning and case studies. Each masterclass:
- Focuses on organisational context, encouraging you to consider and discuss your own challenges
- Integrates soft skills and practice with theory, helping you develop the confidence and credibility you need to get results back in the workplace
- Gives you immediate practical takeaways such as an action plan aligned with your personal learning objectives
- Provides the opportunity to engage with a supportive peer network
You will look at topics including:
- What is organisational design?
- The value of organisational design to customers, management and shareholders
- Principles and tests of effective organisational design
- Key tools, frameworks and methodologies for organisational design
- Trends and emerging themes in organisational design
- Case study - organisational design in action
- How to get started
Paul has over 25 years of international experience in leading consultancies. His client experience spans all market sectors, including clients such as Network Rail, DHL, Bank of England, HM Treasury, BAE Systems, Swiss Re and Siemens. Paul is a founder of the European Organisational Design Forum...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.