Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Equip yourself with a variety of practical models, approaches and tools to understand the principles and applications of organisation design.
Advancing technologies, cost pressures, changing customer requirements and different employee expectations are some of the things organisations have to grapple with as they re-organise to meet competitor and market challenges. If you’re faced with the challenge of reorganising, restructuring, or changing other aspects of your organisation, the Organisation Design course gives you straightforward frameworks and practical tools to design an effective organisational infrastructure.
The programme starts with assessing the work that needs to be done to meet the business purpose and then shows you how to design an optimal structure. Consideration is given to the factors that are impacting organisation designs and business models including: behavioural economics, social media, community building as we move to mobile, remote, and virtual working, trends in office space design aimed at both saving on real estate and energy costs and improving worker health, productivity, and morale, and the acceleration of new types of technology and the potential this has for disrupting the way we do things in organisations.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- describe the features and benefits of the various models of change and organisation design
- decide whether the organisation issue merits organisation design or redesign
- make informed structural decisions in relation to the organisation or business issue
- assess the organisation’s readiness for change
- engage stakeholders in the design project
- consider the risks involved in the design project
- review the project as it proceeds
- use techniques and tools to generate stakeholder buy in to the new design
- identify the organisation capability needed to sustain flexibility and adaptability.
- Choosing an organisation design model and approach
- Making the case for organisation design
- Relating structural choices to business strategy
- Sequencing the work
- Deciding the role of HR in organisation design
- Review of day one
- Agreeing the programme governance
- Surfacing the risks in the organisation design project
- Involving leaders and other stakeholders
- Measuring progress during and after the design work.
- Action planning
Who should attend
This practical and interactive course is designed for HR practitioners, line managers, or internal/external HR and organisational development consultants, involved in planning or supporting structural changes in an organisation. This course is framed as an end to end high level overview of the process rather than the deep dive OD Practitioner skills/diagnostic and solutions.
Trust the experts
I provide consultancy, facilitation and coaching services to develop and strengthen individual, team and organisational effectiveness. At the heart of what matters most to us at work is the relationships we have with our co-workers, and in particular our line managers. Whether we are in a junior ...