Who should attend
- Individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management.
- Individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations.
- Students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers.
- Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from these courses.
About the course
Your menu does so much more than inform guests about what you offer. It helps to create and communicate your food and beverage operation’s identity, and influences your guests’ choices.
This course will enable you to evaluate menus and identify changes that will optimize the value and profitability of your food and beverage operation.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Identifying the key inputs that impact menu decisions
- Evaluating your menu’s content, size and organization
- Assessing your menu’s pricing
- Evaluating your menu’s design
- Evaluating your menu’s performance and identifying changes to optimize effectiveness
Cheryl Stanley is a lecturer in food and beverage management at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration (SHA). She has been involved with food since the age of ten, when she started her own chocolate business, "Cheryl''s Chocolates." Following her interest in food, she attended SHA and graduat...
Alex M. Susskind is an associate professor at the School of Hotel Administration and a member of the graduate field of communication at Cornell University. He earned his PhD in communication (with cognates in organizational communication and organizational behavior) from Michigan State University...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.