Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Hotel Administration.Full disclaimer.
About the course
When you are a real estate asset manager, you are a steward of an owner’s property, responsible for managing it to help achieve the owner’s goals and increase its value. To guide you in this challenging role, you need a comprehensive road map for decision making: the Asset Management Strategic Plan. This course focuses on teaching you how to build this strategic plan and on developing your understanding of the asset manager role, its activities, and different management approaches. Beyond best practices and expert insights, this course also provides you with ample opportunities to practice new skills and an applied toolkit for real-world real estate asset management.
- Learning what a real estate asset manager does, how to determine which management approach to take depending on the type of asset and owner, and how to organize critical activities like site visits and review meetings.
- Building an asset management strategic plan by analyzing internal and external factors that will affect performance (the SWOT analysis), as well as market and competitive position.
- Exploring ways to enhance asset value by examining successful value enhancement projects and creating your own proposal.
- Assessing progress toward strategic goals by using an operational assessment and reviewing critical financial analysis practices.
- Developing an exit strategy based on asset performance as well as market and corporate factors.
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers and professionals across industries with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or financing; asset management professionals including asset managers and portfolio managers; professionals working for or aspiring to work for real estate funds, REITs, real estate developers, or real estate advisory firms; and professionals affiliated with the creation and use of real estate as a financial asset.
Trust the experts
Biography Jeanne Varney is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She resides in the property development and management department, where she is responsible for the curriculum in Hospitality Facilities Management, Hospitality Asset Management, Sustainable Development, and Int...