About the course
This one-day course offers insights and tips intended to help you become an Excel power user and boost your productivity. During the course, we will apply advanced Excel techniques to accounting and finance problems. Our lead instructor's extensive accounting experience and programming background allows him to share guidance and tips that have significant impact for those working in accounting and finance functions. The course will cover not only the Excel functions but also how to organize your spreadsheets to optimize teamwork, scenario analysis, and ease of updating. You will learn to reduce errors by simplifying your spreadsheets and making them concise, compact, and understandable.
- Build accounting and finance schedules efficiently via transpose and shift
- Automate and condense schedules using SUMPRODUCT and ARRAY functions
- Build scenarios via LOOKUP, OFFSET, and INDIRECT
- Give your spreadsheets a consistent look and feel that can be changed easily and separate inputs from outputs via Excel Styles and Add-ins
- Build easy to update spreadsheets by avoiding complex functions, nested ifs, and iterations and integrating monthly, quarterly, and annual data
- Make your spreadsheets responsive to user input via Custom Formatting, Data Validation, Spinners, List Boxes, Sliders, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET, and INDIRECT
- Perform what if analysis via DATA TABLES and PIVOT TABLES
- Stress test future cash flows via SOLVER and GOAL SEEK
- Eligibility: 2 Acccounting CPE credits
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.