Optimizing Accounting & Finance With Advanced Excel
This seminar will show you how to harness the full power of Excel to become a more effective and efficient user. The seminar covers advanced material taught by an instructor with extensive accounting and finance experience. All examples are therefore tailored to accounting and finance.
- Expected Incoming Knowledge: Participants should have a strong working knowledge of Excel including commonly used keyboard shortcuts and functions.
- A laptop with Excel 2010 or above is required. Note that we will be using Excel 2016 in the course due to improved features of Pivot Tables.
- Please note that we will not be covering Excel VBA or Excel charting features except the building of charts whose scales adjust automatically as the input data changes.
The seminar materials will include over 50 detailed spreadsheets illustrating the concepts coupled with documents and videos explaining various aspects of Excel.
- Build common accounting and finance schedules efficiently using transpose and shift aspects of Excel
- Automate and condense schedules using SUMPRODUCT and ARRAY functions
- Make schedules flexible to incorporate multiple scenarios using LOOKUP and OFFSET functions
- Collect and select user data through use of formatting, Data Validation, Spinners, List Boxes, Sliders, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET, and INDIRECT functions
- Perform what if analysis using DATA TABLES and PIVOT TABLES
- Design more efficient spreadsheets using effective planning and various Excel features
- Stress testing the future cash flows using SOLVER and GOAL SEEK