About the course
Discover how to increase the quality of your decisions, and those of your team, even in situations with ambiguous information, loosely structured problems, deep uncertainty, and complex trade-offs. Learn how to improve the agility of your team and implement proven techniques for minimizing costly mistakes. Work through engaging case studies, and current corporate examples, to understand how to apply this content in the ‘real world’. This fast-paced class is perfect for both leaders and senior functional experts.
GENERAL FRAMEWORK FOR MEETING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Results - Tangible Outcomes That Are "Value-Focused"
- Defining Customers And Customer Value
- Process - How To Achieve Results
- Enterprise Mindset
- Defining The Enterprise
- Cultural Enablers
- Defining The Overarching Culture
INTRODUCTION TO THE DECISION MAKING FOUNDATION
- Data Analytics
- Critical Thinking
- Individual Decision Style
ACHIEVING SHORT-TERM ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Important Elements Of Execution
- Clarity Of Frames
- Short-Term Agility
- Role Of Data Analytics
- Continuous Improvement
- Alignment Of Incentives
- Prioritization Of Objectives
ACHIEVING LONG-TERM ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Move From Prediction To Managing Variability And Ambiguity
- Judgment And Critical Thinking
- Diversity Of Thought
- Broader Frames
- The Learning Culture
- Continuous Scanning
- Knowledge Management
- Sharing Across The Enterprise
- Case Study
- The Short-Term / Long-Term Balance
Kathy Pearson, PhD is a strategist, systems thinking expert, and authority in decision making. She is President and Founder of Enterprise Learning Solutions, a firm focused on executive development and learning across industries. Kathy is an Adjunct Senior Fellow at the Leonard Davis Institute ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.