Who should attend
This course is designed for experienced cybersecurity specialists.
About the course
Take a deep dive into how to use public sources to recognize and respond to malicious cyber activities. This course will help technical cybersecurity specialists track evolutionary and revolutionary aspects of cybersecurity threats in order to more effectively combat emerging threats. In addition, you will learn how to build and interpret threat models to assist with mitigation activities.
What You Will Learn
- How to use publicly available sources to stay up-to-date on the latest activities in the cyber realm
- How to triage data from diverse intelligence sources in order to prioritize and operationalize findings
- How to extrapolate likely areas for future technique evolution
- Methods for detecting and preventing advanced attacks from being realized within participant organizations
- Sources for continuous information and technique discovery
- Threat modeling
How You Will Benefit
- Develop knowledge and skills for how to discover emerging threat tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Use gained intelligence to successfully identify and mitigate advanced attacks.
- Gain a deeper understanding of at least one emerging threat as identified by Georgia Tech researchers.
- Interactive lab
- System modeling
- Threat identification
- Varies by offering
- Where to find intelligence
- Strategies for dealing with volume
- Tools used for modeling, intel, response
- How to prepare for an attack
My name is George Macon, and I’m currently a Ph.D. student at the Georgia Institute of Technology researching computer security in the Communications Systems Center under the advisement of Dr. John Copeland. I work as a Graduate Research Assistant in the Cyber Technology and Information Security...
Experience Company Name Georgia Tech Research Institute Total Duration 3 yrs 1 mo Senior Research Scientist Dates EmployedJul 2019 – Present Employment Duration3 mos Location Greater Atlanta Area Research Scientist II Dates EmployedSep 2016 – Jun 2019 Employment Duration2 yrs 10 mos Locat...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.