Who should attend
- Leaders; and
About the course
Globally we are experiencing a pandemic of workplace burnout. Just because physical disease is absent does not mean that mental wellbeing is present.
According to the World Economic Forum (WEF), resilience, stress tolerance, and flexibility are in the top ten most critical skills for 2021. Enhancing your resilience is essential for moving from just surviving to thriving. In these challenging times, we must possess the right competencies and skills to adapt to new and unforeseen realities successfully.
Building Resilience, Improving Stress Management, and Coping with Adversity is an eight-hour online masterclass to complete at your own time and pace. On completion, delegates receive a certificate of attendance and digital credential to use on your LinkedIn profile.
This masterclass is ideal for individuals or teams and can also be tailored to a client's specific needs.
The class exposes delegates to the science of resilience, including biological factors such as the body's stress response systems, psychological factors such as optimism and mastery, and social factors such as family and healthy relationships. You will practice science-based activities that will enhance your resilience skills, such as the ABC Model of Stress, the 4 A's of dealing with stress, the THINK technique of dealing with anxiety, identifying automatic negative thoughts, and cultivating gratitude. In the introduction to the masterclass, the instructor relates his personal story on how he used resilience skills to "beat the odds" and "escape" homelessness as a young adult.
This online course consists of a series of informative videos, insightful content, and science-based activities to enhance your resilience. It covers four key modules with over 20 mini-lessons in building resilience and stress management.
How you will benefit
- Learn how anxiety and stress affect your body;
- Learn the science of resilience;
- Develop techniques/skills to enhance your resilience;
- Learn about the PERMA model of wellbeing;
- Develop a plan to enhance your resilience and wellbeing; and
- Build and maintain resilience in your personal and professional life.
- This class consists of four essential modules with over 20 mini-lessons, including the four core competencies for building resilience and the thinking traps that undermine resilience;
- The class includes exercise material that will assist delegates with building mental agility;
- Participants will leave with a comprehensive understanding of the actual impact stress and anxiety has on the body;
- They will be equipped with the essential tools required to recognise and explore their stressors and the ability to master their stress and anxiety;
- Have a better understanding of problem-solving, confirmation bias, cultivating gratitude, and identifying character strengths;
- Understand the role of resilience in wellbeing and flourishing; and
- Build and maintain resilience required for the adoption of new habits.
- Delegates will have access to the platform for 4 months.
Dr Frank Magwegwe has extensive corporate experience with a cumulative 22 years in risk management, derivatives trading, asset management, financial planning and wealth management, and retail insurance in the financial services industry in South Africa. Prior to joining GIBS in 2021, he held seve...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.