Who should attend
This course is designed for secondary school teachers of all disciplines, directors of eLearning or ICT integration, directors of learning and teaching and school leaders.
- Complete this online course anytime from anywhere in the world.
- All reading materials, videos and activities are included in the course fee.
- Assignments will be individually assessed by qualified academics.
This course complies with:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.6, 3.4, 5.1, 5.2, 6.2)
- Teachers' Standards UK (2, 4, 6, 8)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards USA (3, 4, 5)
About the course
Learn how to apply the latest eLearning theories in your teaching practice. Develop contemporary learning experiences and create cutting-edge resources that you can confidently use in your classroom.
Online Blended Learning and Teaching comprehensively explores the most influential theories and practices for the effective use of digital technologies in secondary school classrooms. You will learn how to plan lessons, design assessments, provide feedback and create learning resources through contemporary pedagogies and cutting-edge digital tools. As you engage with the course, your own digital capabilities will also develop considerably.
What is covered in the course?
- eLearning theories
- digital presentation skills
- technology and effective assessments
- technology and effective feedback
- augmented reality and immersive technologies.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- an understanding of cognitive load theory to help you learn principles of effective online presentations that are backed up by research that proves their efficacy.
- advanced skills and practise in slide design, including sketchnoting, informed by the research-supported tools provided by dual coding theory.
- the opportunity to practise advanced capabilities in PowerPoint, Keynote, Curator and Augmented Reality (AR).
- embed all of the above in relevant Australian curriculum and schooling frameworks tailored to online teaching and learning contexts.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain an individual with:
- the required skills to effectively use digital technologies in an educational context
- the knowledge and aptitude to build and deliver engaging learning experiences for students.
My research interests span the breadth of educational technologies, but are more closely focused on: personalised mobile technologies and their impact on learning and teaching; school culture and change; augmented and virtual reality and its impact on learning and education. I have a range of res...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.