Galilee International Management Institute
One Land, two Peoples and Three Religions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Galilee International Management Institute.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This programme focusses on the Jewish/Christian/Islamic religions, their roots in Israel and their relationship in the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It presents the history as well as the current situation. We believe that the only way to truly develop a better understanding is to visit the area and meet the people living here. Participants study stories from the sacred scripts, in visits to the physical locations where the stories occurred. They delve deeply into the issues through lectures, delivered by Israeli and Palestinian academics as well as attend study tours and meetings with members of the varied communities. The programme is open to all professionals, students and faculty members who are interested in the subjects.
- The Sanctity of Jerusalem and the Holy Land in Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Importance of Religion in the Middle East
- An Introduction to Islam
- Sunni-Shi'i Conflict in the Modern Middle East
- Diversity of Christianity in the Holy Land
- Christian Roots in Judaism
- Messiah: Prophetic Visions of Redemption and Later Interpretations
- From Redemptive Jewish Nationalism to the Realisation of the State of Israel
- Core Issues of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Palestinian Perspective on the Peace Process
- The Palestinian Refugee Question
- The Arab/Palestinian Citizens of Israel
- Israeli Society: Sociological Structure, Trends and Prospects
Trust the experts
Marc Rosenstein is the Director Emeritus of the Israel Rabbinical Program at HUC-JIR's Taube Family Campus in Jerusalem. Hegrew up in Highland Park, Illinois, and received a BA in biochemistry from Harvard College. He was ordained by HUC-JIR in 1975 and received an MA in Jewish History from Hebr...