Nutrition and Healthy Living
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
This certificate program helps you answer one of the most important questions you can ask yourself: how can I live the longest, healthiest life possible? Courses present in-depth contemporary scientific information on nutrition and disease prevention, while building your awareness of ways to preserve optimal lifetime health. From diet to exercise and weight loss, you’ll go beyond the “fluff” and explore a holistic view of how biochemical pathways work together with physiological systems and behavior to determine your nutritional health and overall wellness.
Students who have completed High School Biology will be most successful in this program.
- Nutrition and the Digestive System
- Energy and the Role of Carbohydrates
- The Role of Fats in Atherosclerosis
- Control of Food Intake and Body Weight
- The Science of Exercise and Weight Loss
- How Nutrition Affects Cancer, Osteoporosis, and Hypertension
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Understand the scientific relationships between diet, exercise, and chronic disease
- Understand how our biochemistry, physiology, psychology, sociology, economics, and politics affect our nutrition and health
- Learn the many mechanisms in our bodies that are responsible for maintaining our health
- Critically evaluate claims and research concerning nutrition and health
- Learn healthy recipes through cooking demonstrations
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Nutrition and Healthy Living Certificate from Cornell Division of Nutritional Sciences
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
Who should attend
- Nutrition, health, and wellness professionals
- Fitness and sports professionals, including personal trainers and athletic coaches
- Anyone interested in personal wellness and living a healthier life
- Anyone interested in nutrition, weight loss, diet, and exercise