Non-Executive Director Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Bath School of Management.Full disclaimer.
This interactive programme will provide participants with a practical understanding of the role of a Non-Executive Director (NED). Focusing on the responsibilities, challenges and the behaviours needed, those who take part will enhance their skills and learn how to be a successful NED. The programme will also provide support on how to find and secure a NED position. With input from existing CEOs, NEDs and Chairs from a variety of organisations, the approach is interactive and practical. Hosted in our Pall Mall facility in central London, our programme provides the opportunity to learn in an interactive and stimulating environment.
What does the programme cover?
Running over three days, participants will have the opportunity to meet and share knowledge with people from other sectors and industries, whilst benefiting from input not only from our world class academics but also leading practitioners and consultants.
- The roles and responsibilities of Non-Executive Director
- The challenges of Board membership
- The key elements of an effective Board
- Interactive case study with actors
- Evening dinner with an existing Chair as speaker
- Building influence and being successful
- Making the transition from Executive to Non-Executive
- Insights from an experienced CEO talking about what makes a good Non-Executive Director
- Crisis management and the Non-Executive Director role
- Planning and targeting a campaign to find a Non-Executive Director role
- Creating a good CV and covering letter
- Preparing for a Non-Executive Director interview
How will I benefit?
As a participant on this programme you will:
- Understand the role and the responsibilities of a Non-Executive Director
- Appreciate what makes a successful and effective Board,
- Understand the role of the Non-Executive Director in a crisis,
- Understand how to make the transition from Executive to Non-Executive Director
- Practical advice on acquiring a Non-Executive Director position, including adapting your CV, interview technique and key questions
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will benefit from:
- Improved performance of Non-Executive Directors
- Non-Executive Director with good understanding of their role
- Better and more effective contributions from Non-Executive Directors to support the organisation
- Non-Executive Directors able to provide assurance and oversight
Who should attend
- Anyone wanting to understand what the role involves and prepare for the practicalities of taking on an Non-Executive Director appointment
- Newly appointed or inexperienced Non-Executive Director's or those wishing to update and refresh their skills
- Those looking to further develop as they seek further, potentially more complex, appointments