Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is designed as an introductory course for anyone with an interest or needed requirement to understand web analytics and its application in business, sales and marketing. It is applicable for professionals engaged in the following areas.
- Web Management
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Product Marketing
- Business Analysis
- Sales and Business Development
- User Experience Design
- Customer Analytics
- The course is introductory in nature and assumes no prior knowledge of Web Analytics or the Google Analytics platform.
About the course
Web Analytics & SEO are critical tools for modern organisations, enabling the optimisation of websites, online services, and digital marketing campaigns. With tools and technology readily available in the market, it is essential for organisations to leverage on the data and insights, to aid business decision making.
This 3-day introductory course provides a fast-paced, application-based introduction to Web Analytics & SEO, focusing on understanding information needs for the organisation and applying web analytics to achieve sales and marketing objectives. As an example of a Web Analytics tool, Google Analytics and its suite of tools (such as Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager) will be used to illustrate the application.
The course is designed to equip participants with practical knowledge and understanding of web analytics and SEO fundamentals, reporting, web monitoring tools, and application of information to drive business requirements. Case scenarios, examples, exercises and hands-on workshops will be used throughout the course for participants to gain practical hands-on experience.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to implement and apply web analytics, to an array of website analysis and web optimization scenarios.
This course is part of the Digital Innovation and Design series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the sales and marketing information required by users of the information.
- Understand relevant web analytics tools and make recommendations to their organisation.
- Generate, analyse and modify required traffic reports according to information requirements and needs of the sales and marketing functions.
- Implement and apply web analytics and metrics to improve web performance
- Use Google Analytics tool as an example to monitor website performance, understand users and their behaviour, optimise content, optimise search engine performance (SEO) and assess campaign performance.
Participants are required to bring their own laptop to the course as there will be hands-on exercises, requiring internet access.
What Will Be Covered
The course will focus on web analytics principles and applications. There will also be hands-on exercises with the Google Analytics suite of tools, such as Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager.
This course will cover:
- Web Analytics fundamentals, tools, and strategies
- Google Analytics features, reporting and applications
- Extended Web Analytics applications and improvement strategies, including SEO, content optimisation and campaign analysis
By the end of the course, participants will be able to implement and apply Web Analytics to an array of website analysis and web optimisation scenarios.
Ms Lim Wee Khee leads the Digital Innovation and Design practice at the Institute of System Science, National University of Singapore (NUS-ISS). The Digital Innovation & Design team focuses on developing and delivering curriculum and consultancy projects related to the areas of user experie...
Anna is a passionate serial entrepreneur with a strong background in Digital Marketing, Analytics and Growth Hacking. She worked with Rocket Internet and Team Europe Ventures, two leading global venturebuilders, to set up and maintain the complete range of digital marketing and business intellige...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.