Who should attend
- Professionals who are involved in product planning, product design, product development and product marketing at all levels including product managers, product marketers, product engineers, sales and marketing personnel.
- Professionals including programme managers and project managers who intend to expand their skills or want to move into the discipline of managing products.
- Professionals with an interest in product management concepts, or Professionals managing product teams and involved in product design processes and techniques, or
- Professionals with working experience in project and programme delivery.
About the course
Product management binds many functions that touch a product - engineering, design, customer success, sales, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and more.
Product Managers are increasingly becoming the “mini-CEO” of their product. They own the decisions about what to build but also influence every aspect of how to build and launch. They must have a broad knowledge base to in-order to make trade-off decisions, bring together cross-functional teams while ensuring alignment between diverse functions within the organisation.
As more companies outside of the technology sector set out to build software capabilities for success in the digital era, it is critical that they get the product-management role right.
Product managers are crucial to digital business success, orchestrating stakeholders and teams to deliver better product and financial outcomes. Organisations must understand this challenging role in order to help find the right people for the job.
This course will help participants to develop a strategy to achieve product market fit using a realistic case study. It provides knowledge and skillsets for product managers and practitioners to equip themselves with advanced insights, practices and techniques to evolve their products and services and achieve the product market fit.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Learn to develop a product market fit strategy and support it with a valid business case
- Learn to improve customer-product intimacy by leveraging various social signals to build product features and how to market them.
- Learn how to create measures and indicators that may be used to drive and ensure product market fit.
What Will Be Covered
The course will cover the following topics:
The course will focus on qualitative and quantitative aspects of product market fit. Participants will learn how to adopt a strategic customer-centric model to create and sustain value for customers and achieve market growth. This course will cover key techniques on how to leverage customer and market segmentation, product iteration, omni-channel experience, and data-driven decision making to achieve product market fit.
Reinforcement of the learning outcomes will accomplished through workshops to allow participants to practice the various techniques taught in class. All workshops will form part of the overall assessment.
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Vincent is the CTO of Voyager Innovations Singapore, a company that builds digital innovations to transform growth markets. Some of these innovations include the award-winning TackThis (an omnichannel store-builder and marketplace-builder), and PayMaya (a popular Philippines digital payment provi...
Richard lectures in project management competency development and training courses; the Certified Outsourcing Manager (Associate) for IT Programme; the Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Programme; and the Master of Technology Programme that include IT Service Management and Data Ware...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.