NICF- Strategic Futures & Foresight
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
Robust foresight can be utilised to enhance the quality of strategic decision making in complex and uncertain operating environments.
This course will enable leaders and managers to implement foresight programmes that improve their organisation’s capacity to realise the opportunities and manage the risks of disruptive technological, economic and social change.
This course is part of the Digital Leadership Series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a range of qualitative and quantitative trends and drivers analysis techniques
- Apply a range of technology horizon scanning and assessment techniques
- Use blended approaches to the sense-making and communication of foresight findings
- Analyse the strategic implications of foresight findings for the organisation or project
- Use the findings of foresight to guide priority-setting, risk management, action planning, and strategy development
- Influence the future by communicating vision and managing change
- Implement a practical, long term, and flexible strategic foresight programme in the organisation
What Will Be Covered
- Trends and drivers analysis
- Horizon scanning and technology assessment
- Sense-making techniques aiding understanding and communication
- Implications analysis, risk management, and prioritisation
- Action planning and strategy development
- Leadership and management of change
- Practical implementation of strategic foresight programmes
These topics will be covered in a 2-day, 13-hour programme blending theory, case study and practical workshop exercises that can be applied directly in the workplace.
It can be customised to accommodate the specific projects, topics or issues relevant to course participants. In this case, the workshop will focus on a set foresight project or challenge highlighted by participants.
Lectures, case study and workshop
Who should attend
This programme has been designed for Board of Directors, C-Suite Executives, Executive Leadership teams, Strategic/Transformation teams. Senior Management, and their teams who work on the development of strategic futures and foresight perspectives for their organisations will find this programme highly relevant.
The course is particularly relevant for those engaged in:
- Technology management
- Strategic management
- Business development
- Operations development
- This executive programme is relevant to public and private sectors.
Corporate runs can be customised to incorporate the topics and issues of specific interest to participants.