Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The target course participants are for professionals interested in robotic systems.
This course will be useful for:
- Engineering professionals
- Systems specialists
- Engineering managers
- R&D professionals
About the course
This 5-day course is designed for professionals who wish to gain specialised knowledge in the integration and development of various components within intelligent robotic systems for a wide range application across various industries. The modules will benefit those working in various sectors, for example, in medical, manufacturing and defence industry.
Participants will gain in-depth knowledge in areas like understanding autonomous behaviour types in robotics, robotics sensory operations, understanding robotics mobility, and robotic path planning and fuzzy behaviors in robotics. There will be projects and assessment to reinforce participants’ learning as part of the course.
This course is part of theAnalytics and Intelligent Systems series and Graduate Certificate in Intelligent Robotic Systems series offered by NUS-ISS.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand robotic systems, their parts and how they are utilized in various industries in Singapore and globally
- Understand the fundamentals of autonomous behavior types in robotics
- Apply localization and mapping schemes for robotics
- Understand advanced robotic sensory systems and their operations
- Represent knowledge and uncertainty in robotic systems
- Understand the various means of robotic mobility, their corresponding models and means of computation
- Understand the techniques used in robotic path planning
- Apply and evaluate the different approaches and models for path planning
- Understand fuzzy behavior in robotics
- Apply various control techniques and decision control methods for cooperative robotics
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Robotic Systems.
- Autonomous Behavior
- Robotic Sensory Systems
- Robotic Locomotion
- Robotic Pathway Planning
- Fuzzy Behavior
Dr Matthew Chua, BEng, CSM, PMP, PhD, is currently a lecturer and principal investigator at the NUS Institute of System Science where he specializes in Medical & Cybernetics Systems. He is overseeing the research programme in Smart Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Robotics. He...
Nicholas is currently an adjunct lecturer at the NUS Institute of System Science. Experienced in the mechanical engineering field, he specializes in state-of-the-art Industrial 4.0 technologies such as Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs), Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) and ...
Liu Fan currently lecturers in the Software Systems Practice in the areas of software engineering, big data engineering and data analytics. She received her Ph.D Ph.D. degree from School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to joining ISS, ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.