Who should attend
It is applicable for professionals engaged in the following area:
- Securing software platforms
About the course
Leveraging on the Industry 4.0 thrust, industries are now expanding their services and collaborating with partners to offer customers one-stop solutions. An example is GrabTaxi Holdings Pte. Ltd., a technology-based company which not only offers ride-hailing and ride-sharing services but also integrates credit card payments via GrabPay and GrabFood, a food delivery service. Such services can be seamlessly developed by creating software platforms that expose services to the partners. Platforms are also necessary to ensure that robust applications and services are built quickly by reusing components and common services. The exposure of previously internal services to third parties greatly increases the security attack surface of such software platforms. The new security attack surface should be rigorously mitigated alongside the security threats that exist within the platforms.
This course will equip software architects with the necessary skills and expertise to design a secure application and service platform that provides services to edge devices, external and internal systems. This course is structured to be 4 days long to allow sufficient hands-on time for the participants to practice what they learn in the course using appropriate tools.
- Design and evaluate the security architecture of platforms
- Apply and evaluate security controls in the design of reusable assets and frameworks
- Apply and evaluate security controls in the identity and access management of APIs
- Apply and evaluate security controls in the design of APIs and microservices
- Apply and evaluate security controls in notifications
- Apply and evaluate security controls in security and privacy of platform data
- Apply and evaluate security controls in platforms holistically
What Will Be Covered
- Overview of Platform Security
- Securing Reusable Assets and Frameworks
- Identity and Access Management for API
- Securing API and Microservices
- Securing Notifications
- Securing Data and Privacy
- Securing Platforms Holistically
Boon Kui is passionate with processes and methods in development of software systems. His current teaching interests in ISS include Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns for object-oriented software systems. His current research interests centre on the formalization of user-specified dec...
Sarita Singh received her Ph.D. degree for her work done in the area of Information Security (Cryptography). She is the recipient of the prestigious Infosys fellowship for pursuing her Ph.D. Programme. She has more than twenty-five years of work experience in areas including teaching and researc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.