Who should attend
- System Analysts / Software Engineer
- Software Developers
- Software Architects
- Project Managers / Project Leaders
- Scrum Masters
- Those involved in software development process, typically those who require the use of OO technology
- Developers who are:
- Experienced in either OO or non-OO styles of coding.
- Knowledgeable in any high-level language (e.g. Java, C#, C++, C, COBOL).
- Keen to learn about the basics of modelling in UML
- Keen to improve software development within an OO SDLC as a software developer, software development leader or software architect.
About the course
Delving straight into system development without applying proper analysis and design is similar to building a house without a blueprint. This would mean having to spend more time and resources on reworks and patches later in the development phase in order to solve problems that could have been avoided if appropriate development techniques had been applied.
The Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques helps to:
- Speed up software development processes
- Increase developers’ productivity by promoting software reuse
- Facilitate effective software integration
- Reduce software maintenance and enhancement efforts
- Support continuous integration and delivery
Workshops are specially tailored to take participants through the system development process; from requirements to design workflow. Participants will get hands-on experience on the application of OOAD techniques through the relevant cycles.
This course not only helps system designers and developers to leverage on the benefits of OOAD techniques, thereby reducing maintenance costs and increasing software quality, it also helps project managers / leaders / Scrum masters / team members to better manage software development processes.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand OO Principles
- Understand UML diagramming techniques
- Understand essential deliverables in software development processes
- Apply OOAD techniques in development processes
- Be aware of industry best practices
What Will Be Covered
- Object Orientation principles
- UML diagramming techniques
- Adopting OOAD for waterfall / iterative / agile / scrum approaches
- Requirements Analysis with Use Cases / user stories
- Identifying objects and responsibilities during Analysis
- Design for Architectural Platforms
- Design for Interface, Abstract Class, Polymorphism and Patterns
- OO Mapping to Implementation Technology
- Case Study
Yuen Kwan teaches courses in the areas of object-oriented technology and application development methodology. Prior to joining ISS, he was involved in application development projects in the government and transportation industries. He also led various large scale developments in business critica...
Boon Kui is passionate with processes and methods in development of software systems. His current teaching interests in ISS include Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns for object-oriented software systems. His current research interests centre on the formalization of user-specified dec...
Sarita Singh received her Ph.D. degree for her work done in the area of Information Security (Cryptography). She is the recipient of the prestigious Infosys fellowship for pursuing her Ph.D. Programme. She has more than twenty-five years of work experience in areas including teaching and researc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.