Who should attend
This is an intermediate course, suitable for professionals with relevant experience, and with an interest or requirement to understand engineering for big data.
The target course participants are primarily software engineers, data engineers, team leads, and architects with seek to enhance their skills in the area of information architecture and design of data warehouse and data lake.
- Participants should have 2-3 years of software design and/or development or data design and/or administrative experience and/or equivalent knowledge.
- Participants are required to take a pre-course assessment and must clear the assessment.
NUS-ISS also offers a range of other courses in engineering big data for participants to consider.
About the course
This course intends to equip software engineers, data engineers, team leads, and architects with skills to integrate multiple disparate large-scale data sources to enable derivation of data-driven insights.
Through a learning approach with ample hands-on activities, examples and case studies, participants will learn the knowledge and techniques of designing a comprehensive information architecture, which covers data storage, database technologies, data governance, and data processing.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Establish an enterprise-wide digital data strategy and information architecture
- Conceptualise transaction systems, data warehouse and data lake architecture to support systems of record, systems of engagement, and systems of insight aligned to business objectives.
- Perform data inventory and data modeling which includes conceptual, logical and physical design.
- Evaluate suitable database technology and tools where appropriate based on business and technical requirements.
- Protect data asset by performing threat modeling and implement security controls to comply to enterprise data governance policy, standards and regulation.
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Overview of Information Architecture
- Information Architecture for Transactional System
- Information Architecture for Data Warehouse
- Information Architecture for Data Lake
- Modeling non-relational structured data – Document and Graph Databases
- Data Management, Protection and Security
Suria has twenty years of teaching and consulting experience in areas such as software engineering, application architecture, crafting cloud services, agile development and big data engineering. Her research interest spans around cloud computing, software engineering, test automation and big dat...
Dr. Venkat Ramanathan has wide experience in the fields of IT and business process engineering. He has served industry and academia for over 26 years and has been instrumental in attracting businesses worth several millions through software consulting for clients across Asia, US, Europe and New Z...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.